I hope 1-up-1-down isn't in place during first week of restructuring

Riba.3271

I just noticed that my server is in Tier 5 (same score, same objectives etc) and with 1-up-1-down this means even if we get 2nd place, we stay in tier 5 with obviously weaker server. This wouldn't be great matchmaking.

Alternative: If each server is truly made equally populated, system where servers that win first week should face other winning servers in higher tiers. Servers that place 2nd, should but in midtiers facing against each other, and losing servers should be placed in bottom tiers. This would also guarantee completely different matchups first 2 weeks and it is better than facing same server twice in a row.

Summary: World Restructurings first week should be a placement week, after which winners face each other and losers each other. This will converge into better tier and matchup distribution faster.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Ok so get 1st place then? 🤷‍♂️

It isn't just about server that gets 2nd, but also the fact that they face 2 losing servers following week.They wouldn't think that is fair matchmaking either.

I used lowest tier as example, but winning tier 1 is also a problem. One of the following weeks enemy server will already have lost to you. So there is extremely high chance they lose again. It is much better matchmaking for winning server to face 2 other winning servers.

Even looking at mid tiers, 1-up-1-down actually makes matchmaking worse after first week since it will always be winner vs 2nd place vs last place. No one will see this as fair matchmaking for servers that were made balanced just week prior

Edited by Riba.3271

Also we know that Restructuring links last 4 weeks. Lets say a server starts in tier 5 and wins all matchups, what will their matchmaking look like?

Week 1: As balanced as possible based on Restructuring algorithm (T5)

Week 2: Winning server (you) vs 2nd place server vs losing server (T4)

Week 3: Winning server (you) vs 2nd place server vs losing server (T3)

Week 4: Winning server (you) vs 2nd place server vs losing server (T2)

Restructuring

So even though they keep winning and might be most stacked server of them all, all they will face is losers and never face those that climbed to tier 1 before them . Same applies in reverse to a server that starts in tier 1 and loses every matchup. Now of course this is just an example but still shows there is high chance fair matchmaking will never occur with 1-up-1-down and 4 weekly Restructuring both in place. Matchmaking should get better every week depending on matchup outcome, not worse.

Edited by Riba.3271