Returning, long time ranger, player.

mikexg.7329

Coming back to the game after a long break and have mostly played ranger since release, but I am thinking of trying something else. - curious the overall state of the class (and it's elite specs).   Mostly play open world, fracs and strikes, and WVW (roam), fairly casual.  The option to have an effective build that is "low intensity" is a plus as I have a hand injury that can cause my hand to cramp up from time to time, but don't need to be LI all the time.  Any and all insight is appreciated.  Fairly casual player.  Thanks!

Power, Condi and Hybrid Soulbeast and still pretty new, Condi Druid are doing well in DPS, Support Druid is used in WvW zergs and PvE group content. Untamed is there, I guess.
You can check those DPS build and adjust them to reduce rotation intensity and still do well.
Personally I'd probably try to adjust Power Soulbeast. (Here's the one I use:)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAIdflZwAZhsNmJWyX/P9BEB-DSIYRU/XG1mqVUV2eLAAA-e

• Like 2

All I have to add is, roaming isn't really casual anymore.  Every spec now has some access to superspeed or if they don't they have access to the speed relic (or both) and so you are more often than not going to be chased down by 2/3 super speed bunker specs (including your roaming Druids).

Support Druid in zerg or power soulbeast in PvE I'd think are probably your LI specs; ranger is harder to be LI because the pet, but only Untamed really suffers from that complexity if you are trying to do everything it has to offer.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1

For roaming you will mostly meet people that use Celestial stats more than anything else so don't be surprised or something, it's very broken and you just need slap on any build and it just works, people stopped playing what's fun and started playing only what can guarantee a win.

Edited by DarkFlopy.8197