Help me farm materials for my legendary!

I need to craft this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_War_Prosperity

According to gw2efficiency, using my current materials it will cost me 87 gold, but after that, i'll be out of all my mats naturally.Now, i'm seeing new cloth, leather and trophy boxes in Istan, and each cost volitile magic or kralk ore and 1G each.Are they worth it?I consider the leather and cloth ones worth it because i can get mats for grandmaster marks and time gated materials from that which i need to even get the ascended WvW armor in the first place, but i need scales, blood etc. crafting materials for gift of might and magic.

Are there any other means of getting a good amount of those crafting materials? If so, where?And should i focus on farming mats directly or just farm gold and buy the mats? What's more efficient?Also, i don't have all day to play the game so i can't just farm 1500 gold in a timely manner to buy all the mats from TP to craft this thing so, if i can somehow farm the mats while making some few gold in the process, that would be great.

How do you farm materials for a legendary?Please share your ideas, techniques etc.Thanks!

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:Silverwaste RIBA farm. EasiestHoT metas. Prolly second best.Fractals are gated behind ascended and agony, but that gives a decent amount of gold.Participate in PvP seasons.And the quickest way, credit card

Haha, well credit card is not an option, but i can do the others.

I already have a full ascended set i crafted a while back and 122 AR so i can do T3 fractals, and yes that's good gold. Also, they sell mystic clocers there now so that's a plus.

I don't do PvP, i do WvW, don't have time for both.

How about istan shipments? Did abyone calculate the worth of them already?

Ah farming materials for legendaries... that's what I've spent the last 2 weekends doing.

Silverwastes, Leather Farming in Doric, Meta events, find an item with high demand that you can farm daily, etc. I found the leather shipments for volatile magic worthwhile, but that's probably mildly subjective as leather is one of my harder things to get even with the farm available.

I agree Fractals are a decent option for gold, and AR isnt hard to get anymore and as long as you have ascended trinkets you can build enough to get up to a decent level pretty quick.

Unless you're decent at pvp, I don't recommend jumping into a pvp season. For an assortment of reasons. That scene is just not welcoming to new players.

A credit card may be the quickest way (as Nick said) but it's also the least efficient method.

@Aeolus.3615 said:i actually cleaned my storage from about 300+ gold value mats and gave to some one a few weeks ago.

:\

Lucky person! The next time you have the inkling to do such, send them here. :grin: I have a very long list of things I'm working on and donations never go to waste. (Of course, that list might get shorter if I stopped helping everyone else out for once. shrug )

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:Silverwaste RIBA farm. EasiestHoT metas. Prolly second best.Fractals are gated behind ascended and agony, but that gives a decent amount of gold.Participate in PvP seasons.And the quickest way, credit card

Haha, well credit card is not an option, but i can do the others.

I already have a full ascended set i crafted a while back and 122 AR so i can do T3 fractals, and yes that's good gold. Also, they sell mystic clocers there now so that's a plus.

I don't do PvP, i do WvW, don't have time for both.

How about istan shipments? Did abyone calculate the worth of them already?

Well prices are recovering from PoF still, I wouldn't be surprised if it is not profitable. Plus its RNG based, so you bestt hope your luck is good.

@LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:Ah farming materials for legendaries... that's what I've spent the last 2 weekends doing.

Silverwastes, Leather Farming in Doric, Meta events, find an item with high demand that you can farm daily, etc. I found the leather shipments for volatile magic worthwhile, but that's probably mildly subjective as leather is one of my harder things to get even with the farm available.

I agree Fractals are a decent option for gold, and AR isnt hard to get anymore and as long as you have ascended trinkets you can build enough to get up to a decent level pretty quick.

Unless you're decent at pvp, I don't recommend jumping into a pvp season. For an assortment of reasons. That scene is just not welcoming to new players.

A credit card may be the quickest way (as Nick said) but it's also the least efficient method.

Well i do fractals when i can get a decent pug for T3, otherwise i just do T2, still ok gold, but it's hard for me to balnce pip parm in WvW and daily fractals and yet another farm so making a full legendary set is going to take far longer for me than it would normally. I simply don't have that much time to play.

And as i said, i don't like PvP, so i won't be doing that, WvW is more for me. :smile:

@Aeolus.3615 said:i actually cleaned my storage from about 300+ gold value mats and gave to some one a few weeks ago.

:\

Lucky person indeed. :smile:

But i'm not asking for a handout on the forums. I mean, if someone wants to donate mats or whatever i won't complain obviously, but i'm just wondering what's the most efficient way for me to get the legedary. I know it'll take me a while but it's a long term project i intend to do.

@"Nick Lentz.6982" said:[science] Opening 250 Trophy Shipmentshttps://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7gkge8/science_opening_250_trophy_shipments/

Actually I have stumbled on this reddit post, seems to be a 1:4 ratio of gold. If you're willing to farm

Thanks for the link and the science, i'll check it out. :smiley:

I've used laurels to buy the trophy bags. That might help. Also the trophy boxes in PoF will give random bits of the various trophies.

Something else I find that helps is to your gold earnings and use a fraction of it to set up Buy orders. Since you won't be in a rush, you can get a good deal on materials by letting yourself wait. I'll generally take half of my day's earnings or trading post intake and put it to the next thing I have my eye on.

@Rauderi.8706 said:I've used laurels to buy the trophy bags. That might help. Also the trophy boxes in PoF will give random bits of the various trophies.

Something else I find that helps is to your gold earnings and use a fraction of it to set up Buy orders. Since you won't be in a rush, you can get a good deal on materials by letting yourself wait. I'll generally take half of my day's earnings or trading post intake and put it to the next thing I have my eye on.

Well i'm kinda saving my laurels for a few more trinkets etc. if i need them.I'll do more HoT metas though, farm some currency, and if nothing else, the Ley Energy converter gives out some tier 1-6 bags occasionally. And Obsidian shards. So that's good.

I've been doing Istan meta a bit and those trophy bags aren't half bad honestly. Especially since whatever gold you pay for them, you get back by selling rares on the TP from unidentified gear. So it's kinda like free trophies. I mean, not quite, it's RNG and all, but i bought like 10g worth of bags and checked gw2efficiency. It shaved off about 17 gold off the overall price of the Gift of War Prosperity.

And since i'm still doing Istan story, i might hang around there for a while when i'm not doing WvW.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Well i'm kinda saving my laurels for a few more trinkets etc. if i need them.

You might want to take another look at that, now that trinkets are much easier to come by through other means, particularly the Season 3 maps, and presumably with the upcoming Season 4 maps, as well. I've turned most of my laurels into T6 mats (2 legendaries and a precursor crafted so far), and I still have extra trinkets in my bank at this point.

@Taelac.7036 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Well i'm kinda saving my laurels for a few more trinkets etc. if i need them.

You might want to take another look at that, now that trinkets are much easier to come by through other means, particularly the Season 3 maps, and presumably with the upcoming Season 4 maps, as well. I've turned most of my laurels into T6 mats (2 legendaries and a precursor crafted so far), and I still have extra trinkets in my bank at this point.

You know, you're right, i don't know what i'm saving my laurels for. There's trinkets everywhere now, and the LS3 ones have selectable stats, as well as the new fractal mist trinkets with selectable stats, it's not exactly that hard to get them anymore. Thanks for the tip!

Archived