Shocking and magnetic auras

andreiblue.8231

9 minutes ago, Mevelios.4809 said:

Define "meta worthy".

Can reach 100% uptime on 25 might, fury, prot, swiftness and alac/quickness depending on espec, provides enough healing and/or barrier to sustain a 5 person party, has access to condi cleanse and can bring some utility without affecting the previous parts. (Utility includes, but is not limited to: stab, stun break, revive, aegis, teleports, projectile counters, invis)
This sounds like a reasonable minimum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

3. Can you show me three non ele, fire field dependent builds that are meta worthy?

• Warrior in condi builds either torch or Longbow. (Meta snowcrow condi zerker actively lay down fire field with longbow. Quick zerk use it as well)
  • Guardian in condi builds as well (Purging flame is a pretty good skill, but there is also FB's tome of justice chapter#4)
  • Ranger as a condi trapper or simply with torch. (Meta snowcrow Condi druid and hybrid soulbeast use torch)
  • Revenant with mace but also with shortbow offer a fire field. I might surprise you if I say that Renengade's Soulcleave summit is a fire field. (Meta snowcrow condi renegade use the shortbow skill with a fire field as well as mace's firefield. Quick herald use those as well)

That make 5 current "meta builds" base on a quick look at snowcrow and potentially a condi FB build (or really just guardian as Purging flames is used with any spec for condi builds based on a quick look at metabattle).

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

1. By "group content" do you mean OW?
2. Where did I said to remove fire field might?
3. Can you show me three non ele, fire field dependent builds that are meta worthy?

1. OW, WvW, Raids, Fractals, Dungeons… yes.

2. You didn’t say it directly but, “mightfrom fire is not needed when it's easy to hit the cap” you did imply it when you said this.

3. I think the others have done a good job at supplying a list of those… and you kinda missed my point on that too. Not every build meta or not, can supply their own 100% up time on might and many of them are reliant on others to provide them might in group content. Fire fields are the most abundant source of AoE might in almost all group situations, and are constantly present and constantly blast finished.

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Can reach 100% uptime on 25 might, fury, prot, swiftness and alac/quickness depending on espec, provides enough healing and/or barrier to sustain a 5 person party, has access to condi cleanse and can bring some utility without affecting the previous parts. (Utility includes, but is not limited to: stab, stun break, revive, aegis, teleports, projectile counters, invis)
This sounds like a reasonable minimum.

Qheal scrapper fails because of fury & swiftness, although it could arguably be compensated with either Experimental turrets for the Rifle turret to become a source of fury, either rely on the Relic of the midnight king although there are definitely better relics to be used. Instead of swiftness, there's superspeed for the phases that need moving around; it offers group stab, group stealth, a ranged revive without locking the character into the revive action, projectile reflection, stun break. The real caveat of that profile is the access to group fury without relying on an otherwise near-useless trait+utility or a so-so relic, and more than anything the complete lack of aegis.

Qheal zerk can provide it all. Its issue being only a single stack of stab is accessible, same thing with aegis (both from banners) and with the nerf of the relic of karakosa I'll have to see whether it still holds up or not for the direct healing.

Finally, aheal renegade almost fills your requirements - fury isn't 100% uptime because of the crit requirement to trigger it. The issue rather is, only a single source of aegis (shield) and a very unpractical one of stab (blowing up the tablet). You also get (IMO) the most reliable anti-projectiles ability and one of the strongest CCs from the staff!

Since I won't include there all boondps profiles, long story short is - combos aren't something worth neglecting for several professions. Ranged Cdps benefit well from it with any projectile finisher into fire/poison/ethereal fields for free conditions. Maybe not the strongest extra dps, but even if they've mostly been forgotten, they provide some assistance worth considering!