Condi mace/hammer/shield idea.

ZeftheWicked.3076

Replace "Dual wielding" in Arms specialization with "Blunt trauma"

Blunt trauma:
Inflict 3 seconds of  torment  on enemies you control or immobilize when holding a hammer, mace or a shield 
The stronger the effect, the more stacks are applied (1 stack for each 25 defiance break value of the effect)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example:
Shield Bash does 2s of stun which is 200 defiance break.
200/25 = instant 8 torment stacks when you stun an opponent with it (or hit a defiant foe).

Example 2:
Throw Axe deals 4s of cripple.
Control conditions pulse their defiance break every second and here it's value is 15/s
This is too low, below 25 value. No torment is applied.

Example 3:
Flurry deals 4s of immobilized at max adrenaline level.
Immobilized does 50 defiance break per second.
This means it'll pulse two torment stacks each second from the immobilized condition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How it helps the warrior:

Core warrior condi kit is pretty bad, yet any buffs to it threaten to overbuff the Berserker who is already meta tier in terms of dps.
So Instead of buffing existing tools which would spill over into Zerker, blunt trauma adds new ones with restrictions that hold the latter in check.
Forcing the use of a control weapon in order to access the torment is a not a good deal for berserker whose default meta setup ensures better damage still.

Meanwhile core warrior and other e-specs that can only rely on his tools for condition damage will definitely benefit here.
Imagine Sword/Shield warrior, but now with ability to add 8 stacks of torment with flurry and 8 more with shield bash.
It'll not break the game or invalidate offhand sword but it'll definitely help.

Mace users would look forward to juicy 12 stacks of torment from skull crack of Tremor.

Hammer wielders would have access to particularly nasty 16 stacks of torment from empowered backbreaker but that optionn would be gated by it's massive 25s cooldown.
In case hammer would end up overperforming, an elegant solution would be to cap torment stacks this trait can apply at 12.
This would reign in the backbreaker burst while leaving anything below unharmed.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Too complicated. Make it Torment on bleed at a 1 for 1 application, or torment on cripple/CC at 2 stacks per application.

You're just too sleepy 😆

1. While i initially disagreed i gave it some thought and simplified it. Check my edited post.
    I removed the torment on autos and made usage of a control weapon mandatory to get the torment unlike in previous iteration to ensure Berserkers will not run away with this trait.

2. Torment on bleeds is not a good idea. It would only serve to augment already existing condi builds which is what Furious already does.
    More over it would affect condi zerker, making it a balance nightmare. Either zerker's damage would fly off into space or trait would underperform on any other warrior spec.

3. Two stacks of torment is too weak to define a playstyle which is what grandmaster should do.
    Cripple idea isn't bad, but i replaced it with immobilize.

Underneath the hood this is basically your breakbar damage calculation to get extra torment on top.
    Everything works the same way here. Hard, non condition based cc will reward instant stacks based on it's duration.
    Condition based cc will pulse it's torment stacks every second based on it's defiance bar damage per second, as long as it's at 50 or above.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076

5 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

You're just too sleepy 😆

1. While i initially disagreed i gave it some thought and simplified it. Check my edited post.
    I removed the torment on autos and made usage of a control weapon mandatory to get the torment unlike in previous iteration to ensure Berserkers will not run away with this trait.

2. Torment on bleeds is not a good idea. It would only serve to augment already existing condi builds which is what Furious already does.
    More over it would affect condi zerker, making it a balance nightmare. Either zerker's damage would fly off into space or trait would underperform on any other warrior spec.

3. Two stacks of torment is too weak to define a playstyle which is what grandmaster should do.
    Cripple idea isn't bad, but i replaced it with immobilize.

Underneath the hood this is basically your breakbar damage calculation to get extra torment on top.
    Everything works the same way here. Hard, non condition based cc will reward instant stacks based on it's duration.
    Condition based cc will pulse it's torment stacks every second based on it's defiance bar damage per second, as long as it's at 50 or above.

You caught my time zone lol.

What you edited it to be is better, but 8 stacks of torment on a stun is strong enough that they would slap a 15s icd on it. 

I'd rather not have the icd.

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You caught my time zone lol.

What you edited it to be is better, but 8 stacks of torment on a stun is strong enough that they would slap a 15s icd on it. 

I'd rather not have the icd.

Depends on the game mode.
In competitive It would be reasonable to cut down the amount of stacks to somewhere between 50% and 75% of original.
In PvE i would call it fair game 😉

• Like 1

To add on to this, I think some Spellbreaker traits could be reworked to apply conditions. In particular, No Escape in addition to making Stuns and Dazes immobilize, could make you inflict Torment, and Loss Aversion could be reworked to instead upgrade your Boon Strips to Boon Corruption, and to make you inflict Torment when disabling a boonless foe. With these changes I could see a Strength/Arms Hybrid Spellbreaker being viable, and as a bonus might make Sword/Shield an actual viable weapon set in PvE.

As an aside, I would also like Body Blow to inflict Vulnerability either in place or in addition to Weakness, since solo Spellbreaker builds have next to no access to it natively outside of Frailty Sigils.

Edited by HeliosMagi.9867