Is it possible to gift Secrets of the Obscure to someone else?

I found this thread where someone bought the game from the GW2 store and got a key sent to them that they gave to their friend.

Edited by QueenKeriti.5176
please note: this isn't meant sarcastically. It's legit I had to Google it and found someone who had the same issue because I wasn't certain myself.
  • Thanks 1

if you log into the website and buy the expansion, you receive a key in your email that you can give away. just keep in mind the person you send it to has to keep the key in a safe place as it will be required for any customer support inqueries in the future as proof of ownership!

if you buy the expansion from the gemstore, its automatically applied to your account, so don't do that.

beware that any kind of key or gemcard or gift code doesn't work on steam accounts.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

if you log into the website and buy the expansion, you receive a key in your email that you can give away. just keep in mind the person you send it to has to keep the key in a safe place as it will be required for any customer support inqueries in the future as proof of ownership!

if you buy the expansion from the gemstore, its automatically applied to your account, so don't do that.

If I do that, can I still buy the expansion for myself in the future? Cuz I don't have it yet.

1 minute ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

please see my original post though, i edited it to add that you can't use keys on steam accounts, as they go through valve and not arenanet!

Oh that's ok, neither of us play the game on Steam anyways. Thanks for being thorough though ❤️

• Like 1