Is the grind worth it for Ascended Gear?

3 hours ago, DoNotAimAtMe.3510 said:

One more question, I've just picked up a Sceptre from the weapon box, it has power, precision and condition damage but lacks expertise.

Do I have to change this with an infusion in Mystic forge or is that not possible?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Coalforge's_Wand

If you want it to have expertise then yes you'll need to change it in the Mystic Forge. If the extra expertise is not that important to your build you could leave it as it is.

It will change into this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Yassith's_Wand

All ascended weapons and armour can have their stats changed in the Mystic Forge and the only ones you shouldn't change are legendary precursors (which will say in the description that they're a precursor). That's because calling it stat changing is a bit misleading, what it actually does is delete the item you had and give you a new one with the stats you want. Most of the time that doesn't matter, but replacing a precursor with a generic ascended item is a big problem.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

1. As I stated, transmuting Legendary Gear is for free, it does not use up any Transmutation Charges.

2. "Plopping down 100 bucks", what? Legendary Gear does not cost any money, it is acquired by in-game means.

I'm just quoting what I thought was veteran player, who actually gave answers to folks in the forums. Were they right? I don't know, I try to take peopel at their word and not to judge  them. If they're wrong I hoping they'll do like I do and admit their mistake. I was just being the messenger repeating what's been put on the forums. I believe a person do what they want in an game as long as they're not  screwing over anyone else or having a conniption over every comment.

• Confused 3