What is the infinite vermilion gathering tools' animation speed?

If I remember correctly you can change the appearance of your gathering tools, just like you do any gear, which will change the animation and the speed but keep the unbreakable nature and the special glyph action. 

worth trying if you’re really concerned about speed

• Like 1

Not familiar with those, but as @Tinker.6924 pointed out, transmuting what you already have for increased animation speed is always an option.

The fastest harvesting sickle is the Consortium one. Add a Glyph of Reaping and you can empty out whole farms in no time.
IDK about any actual speed tests, but the skyscale hatchling mining tool will finish a Rich Ore node in 2 passes instead of 3.
Logging tools, I just don't know which is faster. I have a Glyph of the Timekeeper on my main gathering toon and it helps a bit.

11 hours ago, Tinker.6924 said:

If I remember correctly you can change the appearance of your gathering tools, just like you do any gear, which will change the animation and the speed but keep the unbreakable nature and the special glyph action. 

worth trying if you’re really concerned about speed

This is true, but do you know if I buy the vermilion tools if I can transmute them to something else without owning any other infinite gathering tools?