Skill delay

Sometimes I have to press skills 3-5 times before it activates, even with quickness skills won’t activate properly. When this occurs, especially in fractals I will relog 4-7 times and the issue is usually resolved. Very frustrating, perhaps server lag or issues with character animations/size? Does anyone else experience these issues?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Do you press it and it flashes or press it and it looks still like it wasn't pressed?

In one scenario it's usually network lag and in the other it's the server being laggy.

Yes it’s usually like this. Thanks for the clarification. I do have ping spikes from time to time, however this occurs so often even when my internet is very stable. Arc dps show 30-40 ping, all other games works perfectly fine.

Probably server lag then. Reason I thought it had something to do with animation/character size issues is that some player reached out to me when I mentioned the skill delay in game, and he told me he suspected it had something to do with this. He explained he had several friends that would experience very strange bugs from time to time, random fall damage, skills activating at random times, character clipping through and being stuck in environment, etc. 

Edited by Mukizo.1269
  • Confused 1

What I am getting at that perhaps my character gets stuck in some kind of animation and skills won’t activate. Back to what the other guy told me, this sounds like bs but he said that his friend would die off random fall damage at the start of every instanced encounter, this started happening after the devs made a change to fall damage and had persisted from then on out. 

Perhaps he was trolling but this got me thinking of a personal and real reoccurring experience I have: every time at W5 after Statue of Ice my mount gets bugged, every single time. This was not the case earlier, but perhaps after some kind of patch something similar started happening to me just with mounts, and skills in fractals particularly.

Edited by Mukizo.1269