Let us leave Q after fail q pops

You can leave though? 

At least I've been able to--you queue up and then someone doesn't accept (which seems way longer than 30s btw) and then it goes back to 'in matchmaking queue' instead of 'waiting on players'; when it does that, just leave the queue and wait like 5-10 min.  

I also will leave Q 99% of time when my actual wait time has gone past the games estimated--usually I will then immediately get a match or if that happens 2-3 times then just wait it out as any match would be a bad one.

In general, it appears queues do not work at all in GW2. 

In sPvP they don't act like a queue because if you leave/join you don't wait any longer like you should have if it was a queue and you got out (aka a line; or first in first out).  It's almost as if it is working like a stack, so when you leave you are popped off the top of it and then join you are pushed back on top instead of at the end (last in first out).

But WvW is clearly a queue where you are waiting for someone to leave a BL and then you can enter; but even that has visual bugs where it doesn't know someone left--so if you re-queue you just go right in but have to manually do it like the games internal counter breaks or something.  

For sPvP, transparency would go a long way--forget the anonymous 'queue' and just show who is readying with acct name and all, like--well most other games on the market.  What it needs to be is a lobby, which the 'lobby' in the game fails at as you can Q from anywhere in the game.  If it were an actual lobby, you could see who was filling it, what rank they are, and their name so you would know who isn't readying.  

That doesn't 100% solve top whatever's alt queuing, but it would go a long way into finding out what kind of situation you are about to be in.  Of course, you couldn't leave the lobby once put in without dishonor (just like now), but knowing names and ranks could help report process monumentally.  

• Thanks 2

On 2/26/2024 at 4:19 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You can leave though? 

At least I've been able to--you queue up and then someone doesn't accept (which seems way longer than 30s btw) and then it goes back to 'in matchmaking queue' instead of 'waiting on players'; when it does that, just leave the queue and wait like 5-10 min.  

I also will leave Q 99% of time when my actual wait time has gone past the games estimated--usually I will then immediately get a match or if that happens 2-3 times then just wait it out as any match would be a bad one.

In general, it appears queues do not work at all in GW2. 

In sPvP they don't act like a queue because if you leave/join you don't wait any longer like you should have if it was a queue and you got out (aka a line; or first in first out).  It's almost as if it is working like a stack, so when you leave you are popped off the top of it and then join you are pushed back on top instead of at the end (last in first out).

But WvW is clearly a queue where you are waiting for someone to leave a BL and then you can enter; but even that has visual bugs where it doesn't know someone left--so if you re-queue you just go right in but have to manually do it like the games internal counter breaks or something.  

For sPvP, transparency would go a long way--forget the anonymous 'queue' and just show who is readying with acct name and all, like--well most other games on the market.  What it needs to be is a lobby, which the 'lobby' in the game fails at as you can Q from anywhere in the game.  If it were an actual lobby, you could see who was filling it, what rank they are, and their name so you would know who isn't readying.  

That doesn't 100% solve top whatever's alt queuing, but it would go a long way into finding out what kind of situation you are about to be in.  Of course, you couldn't leave the lobby once put in without dishonor (just like now), but knowing names and ranks could help report process monumentally.  

I'd love this so much - and I think a few certain players would have trouble to even play 150 qualifying matches if we could all see before starting a game that we were about to get a match with them on it 😄