Legendary Relic chest appears for first character logged in

TL;DR: If you qualify for legendary relic, it will appear as a chest to open on the first character you log in with post patch and will not appear on any other character.

I was ready to panic because I thought I wasn't awarded the legendary relic for my runes.  I started logging into my first toon, realized it wasn't my main, and immediately logged out.  I never even saw the legendary relic chest notice.  On switching to my main, there was no chest.  Jumping cites, etc, doesn't work.  It finally occurred to me to check the first character and the Legendary Relic chest was there waiting to be picked up.  Just a heads up in case someone got caught off guard like me.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Sorry for the jumpscare there! 

To confirm, yes: If you log in and then character swap before you claim the Legendary Relic, you will have to swap back to that first character to get it

Could this be noted in the late patch notes? I had the same issue with arcdps that many others have noted where they needed to delete/rename the dll, and I forgot to collect this on my first character since the game crashed on the original launch. I was about to contact support until I saw this post.

I did have a problem with this. The first time starting the game after the patch I was going to delete a disposable character, but accidentally doubleclicked and so logged on that character. I immediately logged out of that char and then proceeded to delete it, not realizing there was a bouncy chest. Now I had no way of getting the relic on any of my other characters. The chest was gone. I made a ticket and they said they couldn't find any evidence of me deleting the relic, but I got it back in the end (with an ominous message that it was just this one time and in the future they wouldn't help). That bouncy chest should stay on every character until it is opened since it's an account wide item anyway. Also,. is there even a way to delete a legendary relic?

Edited by Rane.7134