untamed weapon swap ambush

Willem Bever.5329

I've been wanting to ask of anyone that knows the answer, what are you supposed to do after the 2 ambush, it doesnt ambush again on weapon swap for some reason.

is this a bug or is it intentional? it seems that using other weapon skills after the 2nd ambush on weapon swap does something, but not consistently.

he idea is that you get into combat for the first ambush, weapon swap for the 2nd with the weapon swap trait and then.... well..... nothing, same thing happens when going in and out of unleashed
mode for that for ambush skills , would be kinda nice to see some consistency on that since some of the ambush attacks are strong and probably important in builds.

50 minutes ago, Willem Bever.5329 said:

yeah so on weapon swap while unleashed you would expect it to ambush on every weapon swap with the trait, it doesnt, like there is an icd or something.

Indeed there is a 9s icd that you can see if you mouse over the trait : Let Loose - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

This is inferior to the standard weapon swap cd (10s) and the ambush icd is 9s (Unleashed Power - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)) it should not be a problem (unless you use relic of the warrior which will mess up the timing).

As stated above you have to use 2 ambushes before swapping in PvE. Let’s say you use hammer + sword axe for the power quickness build from snowcrows.

You start the fight on hammer then go :

1. pet unleash -> unleash ranger -> hammer ambush
  2. weapon swap -> sword ambush -> use bunch of skills -> when you can weapon swap start pet unleash -> unleash ranger -> sword ambush
  3. weapon swap -> hammer ambush -> use bunch of skills  -> when you can weapon swap start pet unleash -> unleash ranger-> hammer ambush

I checked and it still works. You can see how it looks on their website Power Quickness Untamed Build - Guild Wars 2 - Snow Crows.

Edit : I realize that maybe you are talking about PvP where untamed has different icd for ambush refresh (15s instead of 9s))Unleashed Power - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)which does not allow the same rotation. Let Loose is still 9s in PvP.

Edited by aymnad.9023
added PvP info

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

well I guess that invisible 9 or 15 seconds icd does explain a lot

however, it would then be kinda worth it to have a sort of visible indication that a skill has an icd instead of having to find that out on the wiki and not even on the skill page for the skill but on another page

Edited by Willem Bever.5329