Your Majesty

This does suck, i tried multiple times in the end I finished the whole story then went back,  for this achieve you get two very very short windows to pull off the /kneel, its that short a window you have to already have the text in your chat window ready to just hit enter I even copied it to clipboard so I could quickly paste it back in chat if I missed the first opportunity ,  TiffyMissWiffy has a video on YT called "Guild Wars 2 YOUR MAJESTY Achievement" That shows how to do it very easily

Edited by Bowdidly.7401

I did in fact already have the text typed, I just pressed enter as soon as I saw Nephus kneel and I was still too late. >.<

But I'll check out the vid. Didn't realize there were two opportunities!

Edit: OK, so I checked out the vid and afaik, this is exactly what I did, but without success...

Edited by Flowersunshine.7385
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bowdidly.7401 said:

I even copied it to clipboard so I could quickly paste it back in chat if I missed the first opportunity

Just an FYI: If you press enter/click on the chat typing field and then press the up arrow key on your keyboard, it'll autofill with the last thing you said in chat.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Calendra.9074 said:

You need to kneel to Peitha and be close to her, its seems the emote have short range to work for npc's.

This worked for me too.  I was standing on the stairs between Nephus and Peitha, typed /kneel a few seconds after I saw Nephus kneel, and got credit.

• Like 2

I have tried this like 5 times now and it never works. I have watched videos and taken all your recommendations and NONE of it works! It sucks because you need it to get the gift of Inner Nayos for leggy armor. This needs to be fixed to expand the area of effect or the tme needed. Wasting so much time replaying this story over and over and not getting it.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 8:48 PM, Calendra.9074 said:

You need to kneel to Peitha and be close to her, its seems the emote have short range to work for npc's.

You mean /kneel @Peitha? Or just face her direction? Cause I was definitely kneeling towards her at her feet when I tried. >.<

Did it at the first try (when checking achievements before going into the story). So there should not be an issue. (Maybe only in rare cases.)  I'd suggest trying it like others suggested and maybe staying close by not at the other end of the instance. Then it might work. Just give it another try. I doubt it is something where people try like 3 or 4 times and still fail to get it.

Maybe you are doing it at the wrong time then? It is not just randomly kneeling after the fight is over or so. I think It is tied to Nephus acknowleding Peitha as queen and being close by and kneeling when he does and facing in the same direction sounded a bit logic to me. Not sure whether some or all of these are required. I am nord a hardcore roleplayer but I still liked to not kneel somewhere randomly in some random direction - and facing towards Peitha.

Edit: I checked a video. It seems there is another kneel to queen Labris. (Never occured that you could try there as well.) That does not count. But the whole dialogue scene (since it is after the fight) should help to prepare and get in a good position (staying nearby). So you really can type in the thing into the chat and only need to press the key (not even having to use copy past or go out of the chat window and click back into it ... just waiting). It is easy to anticipate (even when playing for the first time) that - when the dialogue is at this point - he wants to switch to Peitha. (Since we want to recruit him and he mentions Eparch not being his king.) The time window might be small though - as others already explained. I think best to not try toooo early. At least waiting for the dialogue line to be finished. (Not that you kneel too early and it won't trigger and until you /kneel again the time to do it is over. Since it probably does not register when you stay in kneeling position - else people could just /kneel early and stay kneeled all the time.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

It is easy to anticipate (even when playing for the first time) that - when the dialogue is at this point - he wants to switch to Peitha. ... Since it probably does not register when you stay in kneeling position - else people could just /kneel early and stay kneeled all the time.)

It's this. Nephus declared his allegiance to Peitha and kneels in her direction, but I was still facing uphill toward the Queen and didn't have to target or point at or @ Peitha with the emote. I figure it's like most emote detection with distance or time restrictions (Langmar Estate curtains, Mad King, sad cows).

Just wait until we figure out the achievement blocks one profession, or character names beginning with F.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

You mean /kneel @Peitha? Or just face her direction? Cause I was definitely kneeling towards her at her feet when I tried. >.<

For me, I just stood between Nephus and Peitha (almost right on top of Peitha, really) and did /kneel right as Nephus knelt to Peitha. You shouldn't need to do /kneel @ Peitha.

OK, just to be clear, this is what I did:

Have /kneel typed in the chat windows & ready to pop.

Stand between Nephus and Peitha. 

Wait until Nephus kneels to Peitha (not the queen).

Immediately turned to Peitha, pressed enter in chat.

My character knelt before the next part of the dialogue happened. I triple checked my chat log.

So afaik I did everything exactly as I should have done. I did not get credit.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

So afaik I did everything exactly as I should have done. I did not get credit.

Is he even actually kneeling when you've tried it? I knew what to look for and was ready to kneel to get the achievement done, and missed it because it goes by so fast that he doesn't even finish the kneeling animation. Watching the YouTube video mentioned above, it's quick but Nephus actually kneels; when I tried it, he starts to go down to kneel, but only completed about half of the animation before popping back up and facing the Queen. 

1 hour ago, Razadune.9260 said:

Is he even actually kneeling when you've tried it? I knew what to look for and was ready to kneel to get the achievement done, and missed it because it goes by so fast that he doesn't even finish the kneeling animation. Watching the YouTube video mentioned above, it's quick but Nephus actually kneels; when I tried it, he starts to go down to kneel, but only completed about half of the animation before popping back up and facing the Queen. 

I'd really appreciate it if you would read my post before suggesting things to try:

15 hours ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

Wait until Nephus kneels to Peitha (not the queen).

Immediately turned to Peitha, pressed enter in chat.

Yes, I did in fact wait until he was kneeling - or until he seemed to be up again, like you said, he hardly finishes the animation.

On 3/6/2024 at 5:14 AM, Luthan.5236 said:

(Not that you kneel too early and it won't trigger and until you /kneel again the time to do it is over. Since it probably does not register when you stay in kneeling position - else people could just /kneel early and stay kneeled all the time.)

Back when I did it the second attempt I tried kneeling the entire time, as mentioned that does not work.

I eventually got it by repeated attempts where I exited the instance to the character select screen each time it failed.  Tedious and boring.

As so many have observed the timing on it is ridiculous.  The timing really should be adjusted so that Nephus kneels and stays kneeling for a few seconds instead of the down and up action that he currently does.  So it isn't bugged it's just a horrid design.

When I finally got it I was next to Nephus facing Peitha, I think I had clicked on her so she was essentially targeted, had /kneel ready to go in chat with chat still having focus, as soon as he started to go down for his kneel I hit enter.  But I could just as easily have failed on that attempt as well because the timing is so ridiculously fast.

You cannot kneel before he does, you cannot kneel after he does, and the window of opportunity you have between him starting to kneel and finishing his kneel is perhaps 1 second.

Edited by Night Winde.2693
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to the OP and contributors to this thread.  Thanx to the info here I managed to get the achievement this afternoon on my first play-through.  I stood near and facing Peitha whom I targeted and had /kneel primed and ready to go.  Then I hit enter just as described in the thread and bingo all done.  Again, thanx!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 12:37 PM, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

Sorry for late reply, I don't think facing to Peitha is required but range does, i tried about 5-6 times before i got very close to Peitha and worked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Calendra.9074 said:

Sorry for late reply, I don't think facing to Peitha is required but range does, i tried about 5-6 times before i got very close to Peitha and worked.

How close is very close? Touching hitboxes? Overlapping hitboxes? Or like one hitbox in between? Can I remain at a respectful distance or should I be kissing her feet? xD

7 hours ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

How close is very close? Touching hitboxes? Overlapping hitboxes? Or like one hitbox in between? Can I remain at a respectful distance or should I be kissing her feet? xD

Kissing her feet is the way that worked for me 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1