Hunter beastmode

There's no time limit, but you will automatically exit beast mode sometimes, if I remember correctly it happens when you log out or change maps and possibly at other times too. (It's been a while since I played soulbeast).

Other than that the only impact is that you don't have the pet as a seperate source of damage/target for enemies and you only have access to 2 of their skills and the archetype skill whereas unmerged pets have 3 skills and an auto-attack. But whether any of that is a actually a drawback depends on your build and what you're doing, in some situations it's actually an advantage and a lot of soulbeasts will spend a lot of time merged.

I think that's intentional, it's not like untamed where you're supposed to swap back and forth frequently to get different skills and effects.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

you only have access to 2 of their skills and the archetype skill whereas unmerged pets have 3 skills and an auto-attack.

The merged skills are completely separate skills to the ones used by the actual pet. They may often have similar behaviour and names but they are technically different and use different numbers and coefficients. It would be more correct to say that you don't have access to the pet while merged, but gain access to merged skills and increased stats depending on which pet you are merged with.

To answer the original question, no there is not. At least there is no mechanical penalty to remaining merged, although some builds do take advantage of traits like Fresh Reinforcement to use the pet as a sort of boon battery. There is even a trait you can use to swap pets while merged too (Eternal Bond), so you don't even need to unmerge to gain the benefits of being merged with a different pet and the effects of traits that trigger on swapping pets.

When merged you get improved stats and also take advantage of various traits that normally only affect your pet too (Pack AlphaPet's ProwessNatural Healing).

Edited by Remus Darkblight.1673
  • Like 1

Just now, Mechtec.3827 said:

Thanks you  both for your input ( helpful)  But second question and i think the answer is NO!  But can you set up a hotkey for beastmode?

Yes, it should already have a hotkey. I rebind all my keys because I'm a left-handed weirdo so I can't recall what the default key is, but it should be whatever is designated in the options as one of your profession skills.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Yes, it should already have a hotkey. I rebind all my keys because I'm a left-handed weirdo so I can't recall what the default key is, but it should be whatever is designated in the options as one of your profession skills.

I am left handed also, but someone in my childhood must have tried to change me, some things do better with my right hand some thing with my left and something bad with both!

Oh "There are a few Players remaing on this map"  will kick you out of beastmode too, only been playing today about three hours or less and already did this map reward change four times!!!!!    The worst is the necromancer all your demons are gone!!!   need to recall them all!!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

Oh "There are a few Players remaing on this map"  will kick you out of beastmode too, only been playing today about three hours or less and already did this map reward change four times!!!!!    The worst is the necromancer all your demons are gone!!!   need to recall them all!!

Oh yeah changing instance will do that. It's just part of how the skills work, you get used to it. There is otherwise no penalty to staying merged as much as you like.

On 3/1/2024 at 11:31 AM, Mechtec.3827 said:

Thanks you  both for your input ( helpful)  But second question and i think the answer is NO!  But can you set up a hotkey for beastmode?

Going into beastmode is the profession's F5 key.  I have it bound to one of the side buttons on my mouse.