Secrets of the Obscure story question

Hello,

I just bought this mostly because I wanted to get the new equipable weapons in it, however found out I need to now do the first 4 parts. Just curious about how long this takes? I don't know the story as I am behind but wanted to get the weapons first so it's really annoying keeping my headset down so low and trying to ignore as much story as I can. I doubt it but is there a way to skip straight to The Realm of Dreams?

I stopped playing because the new story telling system doesn't respect your time, really dull run around chasing things in random locations that are gated behind a contested area system. I decided to come back and try out the new weapons and oh look, it's gated behind the same system, I can't even jump ahead to the new chapter to quickly grind it out because I have to finish the above, gating things behind gated things.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 3/2/2024 at 12:03 PM, CptBadger.9147 said:

I stopped playing because the new story telling system doesn't respect your time, really dull run around chasing things in random locations that are gated behind a contested area system. I decided to come back and try out the new weapons and oh look, it's gated behind the same system, I can't even jump ahead to the new chapter to quickly grind it out because I have to finish the above, gating things behind gated things.

well yea, the Soto  story is awful and drags on, but it still doesn't take much time

• Confused 1

I'm in the same boat! (On the same boat?) I'm still trying to justify jumping ahead or not having the weapon skill unlocked for a very long time.

I just noticed the WvW route. I have 25 and played WvW for maybe 3 hours total. So for 500 roughly 60 hours that way. Does that seem normal? To slow?