Guild Renaming

Gbus.8514

Hi, 
We have heard that you can ask the devs to rename a guild. A small group of friends and I have been leveling up a guild for about two months and we hit level 25 a few days ago, but have not been enjoying the name/emblem we have. We know we can change the emblem anytime, but it no longer matches the name. We are looking for lore-friendly name/tag suggestions. Our current name is [Tea] Tyrian Explorers Academy.  We focus on PvE mainly running Metas, World Bosses, Guild Missions, etc. We don't have a single-race theme going or anything but some help would be great. Some ideas we had were things like; Moredremoth's Remnants [MR], Fate's Call [FC], Astral Ward Recruits [AWR]. We all very much enjoy SOTO so something around that would be cool but any suggestions to get us started on a change? Thanks. 

You can ask customer care for a name change but they won't grant you said wish every few months. As far as I understand it, it's a one time thing and they want to hear a reasson for it. I used to be in a WvW guild f.e. that had a name affiliated with a certain server, but the guild moved servers so it made little sense to still have that name. That wass an instance where they allowed a namechange. Another one was a guild that wass really old, i.e. named shortly after launch, and no one of the "founding members" was still around so the current members didn't want a name no one had chosen. In both cases we were asked for suggestions and at a later date on what we had decided on.
All I'm saying is think about what you want to name your guild as you won't get a lot of chances to rename it and since it's a small group friends I'd suggest talking it through amongst yourselves and probably chosing something "timeless" that's not bound to a particular expansion.

Don't pick something related to SotO, because it's very likely you'll want to change it again when an expansion with a different theme comes out and while customer support can change it they won't do it every time you ask. One of my old guilds ran into that, they'd changed their name at least once or twice before (same reason, to match the latest expansion) and then the leader asked to change it again they were told that would be the last time and to pick something they could stick with. They also had to submit a list of 3 names and tags and were told support would make the final decision.

If you want a lore friendly name I recommend either something general related to your activities (like your current name, which I think is fine) or referencing something in the story that won't change, like associations with Aurene or the Pact. The player character isn't an active member of the Pact chain of command any more, but they still work with them whenever it's relevant and can call them in to help if necessary - they did it in EoD and offered to do it in SotO (the Astral Ward said no) and they're still known to a lot of people as The Pact Commander.

It's almost certainly in use but Dragon's Watch would be a safe choice, that's the guild the player character is part of in the story (along with several other reoccuring characters).

Alternatively pick something which sounds like it fits the setting but is relevant to you and your friends. I can't find a list for GW2 but here's some examples of NPC guilds in GW1. Maybe referencing an in-joke or phrase you use a lot, or do it backwards and pick an emblem first and then design a name to fit it.