Engineer Toolbelt Skills on Mechanist Builds

1 hour ago, Tofu.1865 said:

When did u take the screenshot?? because this was fixed MONTHS ago and i tested it today
it doesnt work anymore

No, the problem has not been resolved. Not only was it not addressed, but after my recent contact with support (asking them to reach out to the devs), they advised me... to only use the Mechanist's skills because they work correctly and do not cause this bug (I can send screenshot of the conversation with support if it doesn't violate the rules, also I'll blur out the GM's name).. You might be using the Mechanist's spec skills. The problem is easily reproducible - proof.

On 3/15/2024 at 3:21 AM, poweredbyboredom.1523 said:
Mechanist F-key(used manually) skills also activates the corresponding toolbelt skills for your equipped heal and utility skills.
They don't share the same cooldown timer.

I've been trying to get through to ANet for a long time with requests and pleas for a fix, but no one is paying attention - neither the devs nor the community managers. Complete ignore. Just check this thread.

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Sad 1

For the record, this bug no longer works on the character who was affected by it. I just logged back into verify that it no longer works still.

So, not sure what is causing it for some people. Unless it affects brand new characters, and they did a weird fix of existing characters, but not the root cause. I don't have any free character slots to verify that though.

Or they just fixed it for some characters and not all, who knows.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

For the record, this bug no longer works on the character who was affected by it. I just logged back into verify that it no longer works still.

So, not sure what is causing it for some people. Unless it affects brand new characters, and they did a weird fix of existing characters, but not the root cause. I don't have any free character slots to verify that though.

Or they just fixed it for some characters and not all, who knows.

My character's creation date

I'd appreciate it if you could provide a video (I don't mean that I don't believe you, I'm just curious to see it) showing that you have set up a healing turret and the toolbelt skill isn't working while using F1 (or any key you've set up on that skill). But video should be longer than ~25 seconds to clearly demonstrate that the skill cooldown would have passed if the skill had been used before the video started.

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Antrix.4512 said:

My character's creation date

I'd appreciate it if you could provide a video (I don't mean that I don't believe you, I'm just curious to see it) showing that you have set up a healing turret and the toolbelt skill isn't working while using F1 (or any key you've set up on that skill). But video should be longer than ~25 seconds to clearly demonstrate that the skill cooldown would have passed if the skill had been used before the video started.

My character who had the bug was created Mar 12, 2023.

Anyway, you say the bug is not fixed, so you post the video showing that. Do /age command in chat first.

I asked a friend who has a free slot to make a new lvl 80 mechanist and see if the bug is there on brand new chars.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

My character who had the bug was created Mar 12, 2023.

Anyway, you say the bug is not fixed, so you post the video showing that. Do /age command in chat first.

I asked a friend who has a free slot to make a new lvl 80 mechanist and see if the bug is there on brand new chars.

Here you go - unlike "some people", I don't just talk the talk. And I'm not quite sure why you needed information from /age (since it doesn't contain details about the character creation date, which I already showed above from gw2efficiency), but I've done everything you asked for. Can I now ask you to do the same? Or are you going to continue dodging, using all these childish and absurd excuses like "you say the bug is not fixed, so you post the video showing that"? 😁 Especially since I asked you for the video not because I didn't believe you, but because I was curious to see it, all the more so because of the point below.

The only case where it might not work as expected (or should I say, works as intended?) is if you click the skill with your mouse instead of using a hotkey. In that case, the toolbelt skill might not work, and everything will appear as if the bug has been fixed. In the video, I specifically used a hotkey.

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Sad 1

The video wouldn't show anything other than what I said - doesn't happen on my character.

Still waiting on my friend to create a new character, but I know it was fixed on my character within the last few months, so I can only assume that Anet "fixed" it somehow, but it didn't affect all characters, like your one. Par for the course for anet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...