Why are +5 stat agony infusions so dispraportionetly expensive.

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

It's not just "me not caring about it", it's about what this game is, how it plays, what it's balanced around and, finally, how you don't need a single stat infusion to swap builds or roles to play whatever pve content you want. Once again, what about that is still so hard for you to understand? At what point will you stop dodging what you're quoting, just because you know it disproves what your misguided argumentation?

its not balanced around anything, these are just expensive and theres no reason to it.  WVW infusions are cheap, so these should be cheap, its really simple, theres no reason not to. I never said that YOU NEED these infusions, i said its natural to want to max stats.  As we do in wvw and it costs x amount and these cost 20x that amount and theres no reason for it.  I already told you, you can play the game naked if you want so really none of this argument has anything to do with the point of the thread.

• Confused 9

Just now, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

its not balanced around anything

It sure isn't balanced around having stat infusions, exactly.

these are just expensive and theres no reason to it.

Then don't get them.

• Thanks 4

right so they should be cheaper, theres no reason or agrument against that.

and I might get them, then again i might not.  DOes it matter?

No, there's no reason for them to be cheaper. Either you want them and so you can buy them while easly affording them due to consistently playing fractals or you you think they're not worth it so you won't get them. That's all it is.

• Thanks 4

No, there's no reason for them to be cheaper. Either you want them and so you can buy them while easly affording them due to consistently playing fractals or you you think they're not worth it so you won't get them. That's all it is.

oh well WHY shouldnt they be cheaper?  I mean getting max stats you would think shoudnt cost so much in a horizontal progression game right?  I mean imagine if stats were gated behind a paywall (which this kind of is) is that the kind of thing you're cool with?

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

oh well WHY shouldnt they be cheaper?  I mean getting max stats you would think shoudnt cost so much in a horizontal progression game right?  I mean imagine if stats were gated behind a paywall (which this kind of is) is that the kind of thing you're cool with?

Because to make a change you need to have a reason for it, meanwhile all your reasoninig -which was already specifically responded to, more than once- was either misinformed or intentionally dishonest. You have no reason for the change and the current state is fine as it is.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

well i guess thats the end of that conversation.  So one side is cool with pay wall and elitism and the other is me standing up for the player base saying that things should be more accessible and fair, and balanced compared to other similar content already implemented in the game.  Thats about it

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I mean imagine if stats were gated behind a paywall

6 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

cool with pay wall

me standing up for the player base

Oh no, another set of lies trying to misrepresent the reality to hide your own greed. 🙄 

and elitism

People buying or not buying something ingame based on their own wish/opinion, while players don't check whether or not someone has it is supposed to be "elitist"?
How? 🤔 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

well i guess thats the end of that conversation.  So one side is cool with pay wall and elitism and the other like me is standing up for the player base saying that things should be more accessible and fair, and balanced compared to other similar content already implemented in the game.  Thats about it

Wow, so brave, such a shining beacon of hope for the community! We're reaching cringe levels that should not be attainable. Imagine thinking yourself to be a martyr when all you've been doing is begging.

Not everyting you disagree with is elitism, fractals have literally 0 barrier to entry, they also provide you all the resources you need to progress them within the same content, there is no pay wall. The game is accessible and fair, everyone can play any and every content in the game, and the infusions cost the same for everyone.

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Oh no, another set of lies trying to misrepresent the reality to hide your own greed. 🙄 

People buying or not buying something ingame based on their own wish/opinion, while players don't check whether or not someone has it is supposed to be "elitist"?
How? 🤔 

1250g is a pay wall, it should be cheap or free shouldnt have to pay for more stats in a game like this

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Passerbye.6291 said:

Wow, so brave, such a shining beacon of hope for the community! We're reaching cringe levels that should not be attainable. Imagine thinking yourself to be a martyr when all you've been doing is begging.

Not everyting you disagree with is elitism, fractals have literally 0 barrier to entry, they also provide you all the resources you need to progress them within the same content, there is no pay wall. The game is accessible and fair, everyone can play any and every content in the game, and the infusions cost the same for everyone.

not 1250g to hit max stats is not fair or accessible sorry.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1250g is a pay wall, it should be cheap or free shouldnt have to pay for more stats in a game like this

No, that's not what "paywall" means, stop constantly using terms you don't understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, that's not what "paywall" means, stop constantly using terms you don't understand.

yah it is credit card = gold = pay 1250g for it, half a legendary to get max stats lol give me a break. thats why it needs to be much cheaper/easier to get or free. NOW THEY MIGHT have some point if u could maybe only get it from doing CM's even then it doesnt make for a level playing field, but because you can buy it for 1250g its pay to win

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

yah it is credit card = gold = pay 1250g for it

Except you get all you need for those infusions by playing fractals. If you choose to spend those materials and gold on something else, it's nothing more than your choice and still not what paywall is. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Except you get all you need for those infusions by playing fractals. If you choose to spend those materials and gold on something else, it's nothing more than your choice and still not what paywall is. 🤷‍♂️ 

no you CAN get all you need by playing fractals. Thats like saying you get all you need for getting chak egg sac to drop 10x and what are you saying for 1 full set of +5 stat agony infusions? what about if you want 10-12 sets for multiple builds/classes lol.  ridiculous

• Confused 6
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Exactly, you can -and if you choose to do something else with those materials and gold then it's on you.

yah its also called a pay wall, ur making the same argument people make for pay walls. YOU can pay for it and get the stats, or simply dont pay for it and play without them lol.  DOesnt mean it should exist that way, or that people like pay walls lol

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

No, that's not what "paywall" means.

oh really it costs 1250g uh u can buy it with a credit card.  THE STATS ARE GATED BEHIND CURRENCY WHICH CAN BE BOUGHT WITH USD, its a paywall lol Stats should be gated behind nothing to almost nothing in a game like this with horizontal progression

• Confused 7
  • Sad 2

oh really

Yes, really, you can easly get it if you're consistently playing fractals. And if you don't then even moreso there's no reason for you to care about getting them. It's a natural, optional progression of fractal content. Nobody cares if you'll get it or not, whatever choice you make there is k.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, really, you can easly get it if you're consistently playing fractals. And if you don't then even moreso there's no reason for you to care about getting them. It's a natural, optional progression of fractal content. Nobody cares if you'll get it or not.

again you're for a pay wall, its ok to admit it.  Which means you're also pro elitist. now you might have a point if the ONLY way to obtain it was with fractal currency but thats the not the case, its also all completely counter to the philosophy of the game

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

again you're for a pay wall, its ok to admit it.  Which means you're also pro elitist

That's not what paywall means, stop talking nonsense. Exotics can be bought for gold, if I choose to never get exotics, but instead pay with gems-> gold, it equally isn't "behind the paywall". Nobody cares that you'd rather spend gold on something else, still not obligatory, not elitist, not exclusive and not being the paywall. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

That's not what paywall means, stop talking nonsense. Exotics can be bought for gold, if I choose to never get exotics, but instead pay with gems-> gold, it equally isn't "behing the paywall". Nobody cares that you'd rather spend gold on something else, still not obligatory, not elitist, not exclusive and not being the paywall. 🤷‍♂️ 

exotics and ascended are acquired for 1/10th the cost of a full set of infusions.  So there's a difference there. Stats should be cheap and easy to acquire in a game like this, whose core philosophy is horizontal progression.  Getting stats should not be an issue in anyway.  SO they need to balance and reduced in price so its not a problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Ah -and you still forgot to explain how anything here is somehow "elitist"

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

How? 🤔 

And yet you keep repeating that -yet another irrelevant here- word.

exotics and ascended are acquired for 1/10th the cost of a full set of infusions. 

Doesn't matter, you can refuse to buy exotics and pay for them with money. Apparently that's your rather original "definition" you're using here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1