Legendary Ley Line Anomaly [Merged]

This may be a duplicate report but I did not see this posted already. 

It appears that the Ley Line Anomaly (Naked Man), which has the symbol for a legendary ranked NPC, does bot give credit for the weekly Wizard's Vault: Defeat a Legendary Enemy. Neither myself nor my friend got credit after the event. Both of us got silver event participation so we definitely hit the boss.

• Haha 1

It happened to me twice that I did not complete the 'defeat 1 legendary ranked enemy' for the vault after completing  the ley line event (and yet I hit him often). Sometimes I get it later after switching characters. But today nothing at all for the 2nd time.

16 hours ago, Entara.3075 said:

This may be a duplicate report but I did not see this posted already. 

It appears that the Ley Line Anomaly (Naked Man), which has the symbol for a legendary ranked NPC, does bot give credit for the weekly Wizard's Vault: Defeat a Legendary Enemy. Neither myself nor my friend got credit after the event. Both of us got silver event participation so we definitely hit the boss.

I am almost certain I got credit for the WV objective last night when I caught the end of this event in Gendarran. If so, it could be one of those weirly intermittent things, or maybe only a problem in some zones. Where were you when you ran it and did not get credit?

Also, I see a similar post from @Albadaran.1283, so maybe that person can say where the 2 events were run that did not give credit. See if there is any pattern to it.

24 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

I am almost certain I got credit for the WV objective last night when I caught the end of this event in Gendarran. If so, it could be one of those weirly intermittent things, or maybe only a problem in some zones. Where were you when you ran it and did not get credit?

Also, I see a similar post from @Albadaran.1283, so maybe that person can say where the 2 events were run that did not give credit. See if there is any pattern to it.

For me it was in Timberline Falls. In Iron Marches I sometimes have to wait until I switch characters before I get te credits for the Wizard's Vault. In all cases I inmediatly get the event reward after completing.

I just tried this on my EU account. Ley Line in Gendarran did not give me credit for a legendary.

I am almost certain this is what gave me credit on NA, though. The other oddity on EU was that, for a Legendary, it melted very fast. Like, under a minute fast. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

The other oddity on EU was that, for a Legendary, it melted very fast. Like, under a minute fast. 

I always melts fast in my experience as huge groups burn it down. So intended or not I don't believe that in itself is a bug.

The WV says to defeat a legendary enemy so in my mind any legendary ranked enemy should count. Even the kitty golem in the raid training area counted until they specifically demoted it so it would not count in a recent patch.

IMO if this is not a bug and ANET does not intend for it to count for the WV then they would demote it as well.

Incidently they recently tried to add core tyria options to all the WV weeklys so that everyone can help each other regardless of expansion but the options for legendary enemies in core tyria are extremely limited. Most world bosses are epic ranked and already do not count.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did the Shadow Behemoth on Monday; surprisingly, it counted for the Legendary.  🤷‍♀️

Huh. I just did the Fire Elemental and that counted for the Legendary. I think it is ranked "Epic" like the Behemoth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...