Another patch day and another unique animation is stripped

Gesbo.6420

With the 19 of March patch we saw a new change to sand through glass. Instead of dropping a mirror (which applied weakness when broken) we now just head the cloak. Technically a nerf with no cooldown reduction but i digress.

They also changed the animation of the skill. You no longer do the backwards j-flip but you just preform a dodge roll opposite to the position you are facing. 

When they returned the second dodge they removed the ui shimer animation and noone seems to care about how many cool flavours of the spec are being torn from the original fantasy of the character dancing around its clones and illusions... its upsetting to get things just removed from the class like that... 

• Like 10

Yeah wtf is this?

I can't test in game but sounds awful - the mirror at least you could save it for a while (not to mention weakness) eg wait and use heal while running through it, jaunt on it, axe 2 through it then ambush.

If it's immediate mirage cloak that just reduces the skill to the same thing every time and in some ways reduces the evade window.

I have no idea what this is aimed at, especially if no cooldown change/charges etc - if it's going to be like normal dodge make it normal 2 dodges.

The only thing if it has been improved to taking priority over any skill to function that would be good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:05 PM, Geronmy.3298 said:

I am prepping a 1 year anniversary  party for the missing mirage cloak fx we lost on june 27th.

I was going to decorate a cake but they took that too. Can't have kitten in Mirage.

For the 1 year party should all mesmers spam report a bug that she shimmer ui animation is missing? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2