Thousand Seas Pavillion Suggestion

Hi all,

Just tried the 2 weeks pass of Thousand Seas Pavillion and I was hoping it would have an infinite Jade battery, offensive and defensive protocols. 

I think that would add a lot of value to this location.  

• Like 4

Those would be nice additions, but where exactly would they go? There's basically no room in the main area, they'd have to go down to ground/sea level.

The Pavilion is already the easiest way for new characters to open up large sections of the map via the fishing portal, as well as providing easy access to a Jade Bot Workbench which most other lounges don't have.

I doubt they're likely to change it.

• Like 3

Even without a charging station, just having the protocols so you could top up would be a massive QoL improvement. You could go in with 4 charges, and pick up another 4 there from the zip lines, which would give you an hour of each, more than enough to keep you topped up.

Just now, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Those would be nice additions, but where exactly would they go? There's basically no room in the main area, they'd have to go down to ground/sea level.

I’d probably put them either side of the fishing portal, and then maybe another set with a charging station in the largely unused area where the fishing vendors are. That way, if you entered with no charges, you could zip line down, and get protocols, or if you had charges you could fly down, get protocols, then zip line across to refill without needing to come back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

The Pavilion is already the easiest way for new characters to open up large sections of the map via the fishing portal, as well as providing easy access to a Jade Bot Workbench which most other lounges don't have.

I doubt they're likely to change it.

they could go right next to the workbench. It's only 3 things that they need to add. 
Fishing is great but not everybody fishes.

Jadebots are a big part of the expansion and the protocols provide great QOL for OW players. 

For somebody like me, this is a big factor whether to get the lounge or not. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Bunny.9834 said:

Fishing is great but not everybody fishes.

True enough (I almost never do), but the fishing portal has its own travel utility for fee-free jumps to lots of destinations throughout the game instead of just a select few, whether or not you're traveling there for the purpose of fishing. That intercontinental travel convenience plus the workbench were the deciding factors in my purchase, and the compact layout is a plus. The only real annoyance is the Mystic Toilet being right in the way, mainly because of its transform feature. YMMV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PepeLePewPew.2107 said:

Be aware that those protocols do not persist in any of the lounges currently.  It's an annoyance that they have not fixed since EOD's launch, so don't hold your breath on this request.

Do they get removed in PvE ones? 
I have the Mistlock Sanctuary and Armistice Bastion, which I can understand since WvW and Fractals do remove these buffs. 

15 hours ago, Bunny.9834 said:

Do they get removed in PvE ones? 
I have the Mistlock Sanctuary and Armistice Bastion, which I can understand since WvW and Fractals do remove these buffs. 

They work just fine in Thousand Seas.

I don't keep the Arborstone Portal Scroll in a shared inventory slot, so I use the City Portal near the Thousand Seas waypoint to get there. Then it's just a short move to Echovald, where a zipline, 2 batteries, and both Protocols are at the entrance.

Quite frankly, Thousand Seas is already a huge value with quick access to most locations aside from SotO, as well as Jade Bot Bench. Also an easy area to practice Griffon flight with the large height and zipline back to the top.

I wouldn't refuse the Protocols though.