Serious Ping Issues

Posted (edited)

yeaaa...can share the same experience from sea. 100-200 on a vpn and 1-2k without. it's been nearly a week now. i can minimize it a bit with a vpn but there's not a chance when there's a wvw zerg. I'll pass from providing any kind of tracerts since i seem to be not alone in this issue. idk what node it is but i'm assuming it to be a common entry point in sea/ocx > de. 

Edited by godofcows.2451

7 hours ago, Morgoth Bauglyr.9726 said:

Pretty shure this is a routing issue, i just installed exitlag to test and ping is stable at the usual 110-120ms from 300-2000ms without

Try go WvW and fight a zerg/blob. I get consistent 200-ish ms everywhere in the game except when 2-3 blobs fighting in WvW, it will spiked to 2k-4k ms.

Posted (edited)

SeA/ocx is unplayable most of the time especially during meta. Every other game is fine except this game. The game just spike from 200 ping to 1k-3k during events when there is a lot of ppl around.

Edited by Miu.3724
  • Haha 1

Hi, SEA player here.

Game is totally unplayable when engaging meta events. Ping just spikes up to 4000+, everyone just teleporting around the area. Ping only drops to normal (200+) after the meta event ends. However, ping will still spike up to 700+ when afking in cities like Wizards Tower.

Hi, Singapore player here on EU server. So glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this. In the past, I would get 100+ ping typically, but in the past few weeks, my ping has been 200+ during non-peak hours, and then 500-4000 ping during peak hours. Guild wars is the only thing I'm having issues with, and the game has become simply unplayable.

Posted (edited)

i doubt anet member read this thread, how long its been for SEA or Aus people to suffer for ping spike, i mean we all pay for the game too, but we didnt get support. its kind like taxes system if some countries 🤣. i mean the game too, how long its been gw2 exist ? still can't afford to make 1 new server for east side of the world 😁.

Edited by Noa.8761
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

arent we from SEA and OCX a players too ? show some love anet. i mean if you make new server as asian or ocx is kind good to, you can up your wvw game, i mean its already 3 teams deathmatch, so we can go EU, NA, ASIA/OCX fight now. if you can afford it or course 😁😁😁. i mean eu and na based people still lag in wvw tho~ 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I just installed ExitLag (3 days free trial), and that seemed to have solved the problem. Getting stable 200 ping now with no lag spikes. However, this cannot be a long term solution, as I don't see myself forking out extra money for ExitLag every month. 

Given that ExitLag solved the problem, can any tech pro explain what the issue is, and whether there is any workaround or free alternative to ExitLag?

im playing from SEA. my ping was 330-450. whn its busy like meta or wvw. it will be 600-4k. very very bad. partly because i play using connection from my phone or sim card. 

However, i looked for a solution. i saw many options but the best value was exitlag. now my ping is consistently 190-230. even using hotspot connection. now its smooth and enjoyable even in wvw zerg fights. 

link here:     https://www.exitlag.com/aff.php?aff=10097818

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Experiencing ping problems too and have for a few weeks now. Initially thought it was on my end but it isn't. I'm in Denmark.

Ping is normally around 45ish but I get these spikes every 5 minutes or so and hit jumps to 1200ish.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for crazy huge lagspikes since the last update. I'm in New Zealand. It's extremely disheartening as I try to work on endgame content like fractal cms, Cerus cm, Harvest Temple cm. I can do everything right but out of nowhere my whole group's time gets wasted with these horrendous lagspikes. The content is hard enough without this extra hobble ;_; please look into it anet!

edited to add: I tried Exitlag today and it more than doubled my ping up past 500, which is not useful for endgame at all 😕 granted I just chose their suggested path for GW2 assuming that'd be best...

Usual ping for me is around 230 which is playable but still hard mode. Spikes are the killer.

Edited by Naga.8546

1 hour ago, Draco.8729 said:

Playing from Singapore. The ping is getting worse (1200-4k+). Totally unplayable for me.

Is Anet even reading this forum?

They are reading this forum, but if you want an answer or help with technical issues you usually have to write a support ticket.

In this case it would also help to know where where on the route the problem is happening to see , if it's even something theycan fix, or, if it's a issue with the provider / routing.

• Like 1