1vs1 off season

2 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

??? 

So it can be polluted by billion of war and ranger? GAWD NO !

2v2 and 3v3 are already an agony enough like that, no need to 1v1 mod. Or balance all class so they have a chance against thoses two assisted class.

Edited by whooot.5784

4 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

So it can be polluted by billion of war and ranger? GAWD NO !

2v2 and 3v3 are already an agony enough like that, no need to 1v1 mod. Or balance all class so they have a chance against thoses two assisted class.

I bet thief wins 

7 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

I bet thief wins 

Probable.

Given that thief is a sandbag in 2v2 and 3v3, I wouldn't even be all that bothered. I know that the people who only care about thief when it's directly affecting them -would- be though, and they're annoying enough. I'd like to not add wood to their sacrificial pyre knowing they seek to put me on it when I'm 'moonlighting.'

They really can't give us new gamemodes, people will play cringe boring bullkitten and then get classes dismantled with the whine they create. There's probably no room for an official 1v1 scene because there's a ton of design choices that go uncontested if the person you're fighting cares more about wins than an engaging fighting experience. And in MMOs, those people are the norm.

If we want 1v1 probably gonna have to settle with hand-picked duel guilds or something to vet out the people -unwilling- to show sportsmanship. Official pushes will see immortal duelist warrior/rangers, double moa chronos, annoying stealth thieves that open with thieves guild, bunker staff guards, instant lichform necros, etc etc. The game is not built for it. The 1v1 duelist scene that you enjoy is built on unspoken rules that people agreed to play by. Start rewarding them for doing it for anything other than its own sake, and youll -really- see how desperate people can be for pips.

And don't even get me started on swap meta. See someone you know that plays X? swap to Y counter at the last second then lock them in that class for the whole match. Idk I think this idea's doomed.

I still want it, but it's prob doomed. The playerbase that is needed to make the idea work exists by the honor system alone, they can't be captured and packaged into a game mode the way GW2 is now. 

Make a guild, get an arena, PVP mode it, host tournaments with rulesheets for skill/tech bans. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261