GW2 Support Staff are Awesome

7 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

Whenever I see threads like this it always makes me wonder why other ppls need customer service so much. Twenty-six thousand hours in and I can recall trying them once, way back at the very beginning, then realizing I didn't need them I was just a moron and clearing the ticket before they even replied. So on the one hand wtf but on the other like, seriously, what do y'all use them for so much . . ?

Because kitten happens. 

Let me give an example. 

Many many years ago, I "lost" my legendary Axe. I could for the life of me not find it. 

I suffer from migraines that can get me into the hospital and I have to take medication for it thats pretty strong. 

Which I had to take the night before. So my fear was that I deleted my Axe accidentally while on pain killers. 

Wrote a ticket. 

Support helped me locate my lost Axe. 

I was in a location I have no idea how it got there. 😅

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Knowing many cases like that, it probably you unlocking the skins for these weapons. 

They can't remove these unlocks from your account. So returning you the cost of these weapons would be a net gain for you. 

Thats why they can refund you something like the crafting mats of a gift of might/magic. But not when unlocking something to your account in the process. 

Except, after some more exchanges they did offer to fix it. So why this suggestion first? And as I said, why not suggest to me the other possibility of getting it on another character rather than the way more expensive leveling of a crafting skill I already have but on another character?

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Except, after some more exchanges they did offer to fix it. So why this suggestion first? And as I said, why not suggest to me the other possibility of getting it on another character rather than the way more expensive leveling of a crafting skill I already have but on another character?

They did? That's good to know. 

What exactly did they do? 

Did you get your currency back or did they replace the items? 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

24 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

They did? That's good to know. 

What exactly did they do? 

Did you get your currency back or did they replace it items? 

By the time I got to that I already leveled up the crafting on that character as they suggested initially so I didn't respond to that. The reason I did that was because I just really wanted the upgraded skin and since I realised I was out of guild currency and didn't want to wait to get more I made the executive decision so that decision was on me. It only takes about an hour to get to 400 but the material cost was a thing. For me the point was the answer I got and the suggestion I got.

I've had a couple of things in the past that they fixed for me like buying the wrong base item for WvW legendary gear. And they were kind enough to do that in the first attempt/answer. I also looked up, before requesting this, what other people had as an experience with this particular situations and all of them said they got it replaced right away. That's also the reason why I was taken aback by this answer. Mind you, I don't even understand why you can't use soulbound items as part of a crafting recipe. Why is that even a thing?

Edited by Gehenna.3625