King doric surname

negativo.8712

He doesn't have one - most royalty in Guild Wars lack a surname, or at least we're never told such. The only Tyrian royal with a (known) surname would be Mad King Oswald Thorn (and his immediate relations). Intentionally or not, this is reflective of reality where typically, royalty with titles don't have / use surnames (even if they technically do have one).

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

He doesn't have one - most royalty in Guild Wars lack a surname, or at least we're never told such. The only Tyrian royal with a (known) surname would be Mad King Oswald Thorn (and his immediate relations). Intentionally or not, this is reflective of reality where typically, royalty with titles don't have / use surnames (even if they technically do have one).

Thanks for the response, ive been reading and i saw you in other surname and royalties if im not mistaken, so, what do you recommend i should do, just call the character "something" of Tyria? maybe Orr? 

Thanks again for answering!

2 hours ago, negativo.8712 said:

Thanks for the response, ive been reading and i saw you in other surname and royalties if im not mistaken, so, what do you recommend i should do, just call the character "something" of Tyria? maybe Orr? 

Thanks again for answering!

While not of actual royalty, we do have the surname of some descendants of King Doric. In addition to the Thorn surname (which was likely canonically wiped out given what happened to Ozzy's family), there's the Barradin surname from the offshoot of Ascalon's royalty around GW1, and Samuelsson surname that is similar. Might be others I don't recall, though.

So what to do I'd say depends on what your oc lore would be - are they merely descended, taking the name of, etc.