Let's create the next Elite Specializations.

This post is for those that want to collaborate and create the next set of Elites. I know a fourth elite specialization is not promised, but wouldn't it be nice if we could contribute to the next concept or idea.

Please share your idea for the elite Specializations of your dreams. Also let's try to stick to what is probable based on what can actually be created without conflicting with what current elites and core class abilities that are already in the game. I hope you'll are ready for this.

Alright, I'm gonna start with Warrior, which I think is the hardest profession, right now, to be creative about. One thing for sure is they currently have the most used weapons in the game so to come up with fighting style that's different, with the current available weapons to pick from will be a task. 

I think Warriors should get Dual Foci styled like cestus. The professional mechanics definitely should be different than the other three, so I'm still unsure what direction to go with that. Skill wise, I think they should get something like a necro minions, calling them retainers or troops. That's just an idea until someone come up with a better one. 😁

I had some idea's in the past on Elite (weapons) Specs. some predictions came out sort off.

Things that come to mind from back then:

Ranger: dual pistols/Rifle: transforms your pet into an indestructible animal spirit. The ranger can use the Animal spirit as a conduit to channel other animal spirits into the pistol/rifles as bullets to "haunt" enemies.

Thief: greatsword.(original the idea i had for thief, but now the concept is being used in Bladesworn XD) Ive modified it now: Greatsword skills are powered by shadowmagic, allowing to mix various shadowmagic before unleashing an attack; the more complex the mix, the more powerfull the attack is.(shadow warrior/ninja/shinobi/Hayabusa DOA idea)

Necromancer: dual shields. used as "gongs". the Necromancer smashes both shields against each other to create an unholy sound (circular aoe) the closer to the caster, the more damaging the aoe, The necromancer will also command special Minions that act as an unholy orchestra/band to assist.

Guardian: twin daggers. Carves magic marks on foes that cause them to become "beacons" of aoe dmg. Guardian can also apply marks on allies so they become beacons of boons/healing. The idea of an arcane tatoo artist.

Warrior: staff (original the idea i had for staff warrior, but now the weapon is being used already) The original idea i had with staff was a Yin/Yang system and balance between light and dark energy. Warrior begins in a state of Light energy wich builds up dark with each attack, then if the bar was full the warrior could enter dark energy mode(increase dmg/more raging violence/each attack creates energy blasts) each attack depletes dark energy untill its back to light. staying in light while the dark bar is full results in selfinflicting dmg... the whole balance thing literaly.

Engineer: Staff golemancer; wich also became a reality in the form of mechanist.... sort off. However in my idea; the engineer would command a swarm of Small golems to form all sorts of shapes like shields, cannons, hammers, swords( using the staff as a baton to weave those golems into those shapes.)

Mesmer: rifle. A rather complex idea i had back then called doppelganger. there  would be a permanent clone with wich the player would be a tag team of sorts. 1 would be cloaked while the other would be visible. the cloaked one would lay special/shoot traps on the floor while the visible one would keep the opponent occupied. Their health pools are either connected/or separate. basicly the idea of "i scratch your back, you scratch my back" They could switch rolles if needed(cooldown?)

Elementalist: Shield. This was the idea of the elementalist using the shield as a throwable Discus wich would bounce between enemies; each hit resulting in different effects. Using a different elemental discus while another elemental discus(shield) is still bouncing between enemies would result in crazy combo effects.(pinball idea)

Revenant: The original idea was to have the Greatsword act as a "key" to open various temporal rifts wich could summon creatures/foes/heroes from the Mists.

The Greatsword would have various instant/zero cd"key stances"to switch between offensive/defensive rift summons. Certain rift combinations would trigger a merge wich enhances rift summons even more.

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Like 1

@Efar.8153

Ive thought about usage for that mesmer skill. Merely changing appearance wont result in much usefullness? ; you may look like them, but in for instance pvp/wvw , other players will simply target you anyway. unless you mean its like temporarily switching sides completely... that would be too overpowered( avoidance/detection in one). Perhaps instead of that how about an Elite skill that allows "stealing/taking" a skill from the target while disabling it for them temporarily? But even that might be too OP. 

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607