Can we get a DEV response?

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Wasn't seeing this issue personally. A T3 was tasty target for all Havocs. Again I think this is where mileage varied across the conversations. 

Interesting that my experience was so different. Difficult to believe that I as an individual was making such a great difference in defense, esp considering I was only on for a third of the day at most, but I suppose I was underselling myself. We were all more powerful than we imagined when we were young, I guess . . .

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

Feels like you're trying to pick a fight over content that hasn't existed in years.

That's your interpretation and I'd disagree with you that people haven't done any of those things in years.  It's a topic I've asked and thought about myself for years now with no answer.  Maybe you found an answer that wasn't something players already do or it was a thought you had that you didn't have fully fleshed out.  It's fair to ask you to expand on a thought.

Or as I suggested to Anet many years ago (you can read this link and if you're really interested in the topic, read the original post on the archived forum where a dev responded and dodged my suggestion):
As you go about balancing defense against offense in the new map, consider finding a way to hold player interest in the long siege.

In other words, if we're going to have long sieges, if we want Anet to encourage more of this kind of play, this problem with player interest should get solved.  It's more punishing to pugmanders with squads that may not be as organized than it is to guilds because too much waiting around and the militia leave, weakening the pugmander's ability to put up a fight against defending zergs.

Edit: I like Caliburn talking about population imbalances in my old thread where he points out that the third server used to provide more pressure on defenders (double-teaming!).  I think that meant a large number of players would still be standing around waiting for keeps to get breached if the third server is assisting with a siege - taking pressure off the main attackers to do something else productive while waiting.

Edited by Chaba.5410