movement skills with staff

willow.8209

hi the new weapon seems to have two movement skills, Valiant Leap and Line Breaker. 

but they do not seem to gain benefits from traits that should affect movement skills like Brave Stride or possibly Warrior's Sprint.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They Work as GS Rush do. That one is also not effekted by warriors Sprint ^^cause for example Warrior sprint only effects its running Speed. And not weapon skills xd

Edited by Myror.7521

Posted (edited)

Thanks but I'm not certain we have the same thing in mind. 

Brave Stride: Movement skills grant stability when used. 

Warrior's Spirit: Run faster while wielding melee weapons, and deal increased strike damage while you have swiftness. Movement skills break immobilization when used.

• here I'm looking at the stunbreak--that's what is tied to a movement skill.  Does the stunbreak not work on GS either? I would think of Rush as being a movement skill too. Wiki says this should work on Rush. It doesn't list anything for staff however.
  • It could also be that immobilize is not the same as stun, so it won't work every time the character is rooted. 

Staff 2 and Staff 3 should be affected by anything that triggers on movement skill, to my mind.

Edited by willow.8209
  • Thanks 2

On 4/26/2024 at 10:14 AM, willow.8209 said:

Thanks but I'm not certain we have the same thing in mind. 

Brave Stride: Movement skills grant stability when used. 

Warrior's Spirit: Run faster while wielding melee weapons, and deal increased strike damage while you have swiftness. Movement skills break immobilization when used.

• here I'm looking at the stunbreak--that's what is tied to a movement skill.  Does the stunbreak not work on GS either? I would think of Rush as being a movement skill too. Wiki says this should work on Rush. It doesn't list anything for staff however.
  • It could also be that immobilize is not the same as stun, so it won't work every time the character is rooted. 

Staff 2 and Staff 3 should be affected by anything that triggers on movement skill, to my mind.

Just to let you know, stability alone does not stunbreak, brave stride makes them grants stability on an ICD but triggering the trait won’t break you out of a stun.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

Just to let you know, stability alone does not stunbreak, brave stride makes them grants stability on an ICD but triggering the trait won’t break you out of a stun.

yea, I do know that. However I'm not getting stability icon when using movement skills with staff. 

breaking out of rooted discussion came in with Warrior's Spirit, which does not grant stab, but it should grant break immobilize. 

Edited by willow.8209

On 4/28/2024 at 2:39 AM, willow.8209 said:

yea, I do know that. However I'm not getting stability icon when using movement skills with staff. 

breaking out of rooted discussion came in with Warrior's Spirit, which does not grant stab, but it should grant break immobilize. 

I haven’t tested that particular interaction with staff movement skills (didn’t bother since brave stride is so terrible). Did you factor in the internal cool-down of the trait, I assume? If so then I guess it’s bugged as you say.