Lets be honest, there is no logic to ranked mode. (Lets compile findings here)

I guess it would be more expensive than its worth to apply any logic to the ranked system.
Additionally, with tournament standings being broken beyond beleif - winning all 3 matches might still put you in 2nd place if there are an odd number of teams (randomly denying a team the final 4th match)

Findings thus far
* No logic for avoiding duplicate matches
* No logic to auto kick a multiboxing win-trader (on the same machine with no VPN i might add)
* No logic to balance teams by skill-rating Furthermore, no logic which would bar a legendary from being matched vs bronze
No weight given to time played but then again, there's no weight to anything as far as team balance goes
Teams are determined by the order of ready clicks - thus making it easy to 5 stack a ranked match (by having your boys click ready last)
* No logic to counter blatant low population abuse (having friends on opposing team to ensure the win)
* No logic behind the reporting system whatsoever The reporting feature is bloatware

Why on earth does ANET encourage this pre-alpha mode?

* Anet PvP department laid off
* Sees it as a profit center as long as it runs
(they deliberately avoid patching the mode, as it could break something which no current personel can fix)
* Elicits a time capture for people who would otherwise be done after a few PVE dailys
* The mode creates a vaccume for players dissinterested in the rest of GW2 to retire into, albeit only temporarily
* Its a high possiblility that they wouldnt be able to remove this mode, even if they wished to

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The rating deflation is one of the most confusing things to me, but I reckon it makes sense if no maintenance is put into what makes everything move. It's like a population issue where new players with very low ratings tanked older player en masse and now the scene is stuck in rating deflation season by season.

The worst thing tbh is to Q the morning, as a solo player while beeing plat..... You get paired with the lowest mongoloids in this game IN your team (honestly at this point I really think they are bots), you could do everything, win 1v3, finish with all top stats, not dying a single time, and yet, you still loose the game cause you're legit 1v5. No sorry, 1v9.

And the worst frustrating part? Even with all top stats, doing everything, not dying a single time, you still loose the game and loose -25pts+, into complete uncarryable game. This is horribly frustrating and annoying at the highest lvl.

Honnestly I don't see how is it possible to keep his sanity with such a disgusting mmr, disgusting points system that makes you loose -25 the lost, and only win 4-5 pts per victory, while rolling dice and praying you don't get paired with absolute animals in your team that's gonna throw your game by going treb the entiere game, loosing 4v2 etc....

Q'ing the morning is the paroxysm of frustration that makes you want to alt f4 and never come back into this dead game mod ..Trully