Bring permanent 2v2 & 3v3

2v2 & 3v3 Permanent  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should 2v2 & 3v3 be permanent

• Yes! Make 2v2 & 3v3 Permanent.
    • No! I dont want 2v2 & 3v3 to be Permanent.

Hello PvPer's, I'm making this forum post to try to push for the idea of permanent 2v2 and 3v3 as we all have experienced PvP in its current awful state whether because afkers, unbalanced poor matchmaking, medieval ranking systems and the removal of teams in PvP ranked.

A lot of PvP decisions and implications have made a lot of my friends quit and the same for others leaving a scarcer PVP community size especially the removal of teams in ranked. That leaves many with few friends to play pvp and we all know that duo que won't carry teams with the problems stated above. having the ability to queue with friends in a 2v2 or 3v3 will not only increase the enjoyability but also lessen the toxicity.

Many people are fed up with the Abuse we receive during 5v5 and I would assume that the prime cause of it is because people are dissatisfied with the changes and current state of pvp. we don't receive new maps often and there is not enough moderation. 

I don't believe that bringing permanent 2v2 and 3v3 will fix these issues and lessen them due to a happier community with more variety.

Edited by DarkAstora.4630
  • Like 2

So we can facetank each other until poison drops the whole year now? Nah the balance is even worse for those gamemodes. In conquest you at least can outrotate specific builds to some extent. And i would prefer a 1v1 q with different balance (as we have different balance in WvW and PvE), near the form Rom had in his tournaments (no bunker). I hate to rely on any teammates and i don't want to make friends in the gw2 community 😁

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Rdm.3186 said:

So we can facetank each other until poison drops the whole year now? Nah the balance is even worse for those gamemodes. In conquest you at least can outrotate specific builds to some extent. And i would prefer a 1v1 q with different balance (as we have different balance in WvW and PvE), near the form Rom had in his tournaments (no bunker). I hate to rely on any teammates and i don't want to make friends in the gw2 community 😁

Them adding the option doesnt mean you have to que for it. you can continue to do 5v5

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DarkAstora.4630 said:

Them adding the option doesnt mean you have to que for it. you can continue to do 5v5

Ye true, just with 20 instead the 50 remaining players xD

Currently the pupulation is so low that in ranked oftenly takes 4+ minutes to create a match. I do consider that 5 minutes is the absolute red line (if I can't play a game after a 5 min queue I will never play that game again); splitting the few hundreds of players amongst another 3 game modes will utterly desert the PvP...

3 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

The essence of all PvP Issues. 

Just that the reluctance started after the community decreased to 1% of what is was 😁

Edited by Rdm.3186

I don't think adding in two other game modes to play concurrently with conquest is the right answer, the community just isn't big enough for that.

I do think the right answer is more game modes besides conquest for 5v5s.

Also, longer arena seasons because 1 week just isn't enough time to get the chests done. I think three weeks would be better, just enough time to do everything and by then everyone will be sick of it anyway.

On 4/27/2024 at 11:56 PM, DarkAstora.4630 said:

A lot of PvP decisions and implications have made a lot of my friends quit and the same for others leaving a scarcer PVP community size especially the removal of teams in ranked. That leaves many with few friends to play pvp and we all know that duo que won't carry teams with the problems stated above. having the ability to queue with friends in a 2v2 or 3v3 will not only increase the enjoyability but also lessen the toxicity.

If you cant win at least ~70% of the matches with the massive advantages of being in premade brings (simplest strategy being each one grab a side and lock it down while the bobs fight in the midle) then sorry to say but the problem ain't the MM.
If anything GW2 PvP died due to premades not cause there was lack of premade options.

• Thanks 1