Could we please get stealth on ranger traps back for PvE and WvW?

Jaemes.3290

Stealth was such a core mechanic to playing trap ranger in PvE and WvW. The class just doesn't feel the same without it. Anet, could you please consider adding back in the effect of rune of the trapper in the form of a relic or trait?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

The problem is that traps are now balanced around Dragonhunter.  When OG trapper runes (the throwable ones) existed, DH wasn't a thing--and then when it was a thing it became way more impactful than Ranger with the runes.

Not sure anyone wants invisible DH back atm, so a relic is probably out.  

Trait would also be unfair with current balance--if Trapper's Expertise or something allowed invis, just imagine what M/M Druids could do (hint: healing spring is a trap).  Though I kind of want to see what the sPvP forum would do with an invisible perma-stun Druid build 😂...maybe next April 1st?

• 2 weeks later...

I would love this to be a relic, but that would reintroduce condi druid spamming condis all over you. and that thing was a menace in WvW in my experience. even if the stealth were brought back with the superspeed, the stealth duration would likely be 1s in PvP and WvW.