Connect my Arena account to the Steam

Posted (edited)

Hello, I wanna connect my existing Arena.NET account (this one) to the Steam (id REMOVED)

When I installed the game via Steam and pressed Play it has just asked me "enter your public name", I've entered "REMOVED" and, it seems, it just created the new account (REMOVED), no matter that my Steam account registered to the same e-mail REMOVED

But I didn't want the new account - I wannna connect my old account to the Steam.

Please help

Edited by Forum Moderator.3419
Removed personal info
  • Sad 1

As far as I know, Steam accounts and ANet accounts are separate. there is this post from a little while back about "connecting" Steam so it uses your ANet account when launching GW2. I have never tried this, but it might be something to look into.

49 minutes ago, SilverWF.4789 said:

Hello, I wanna connect my existing Arena.NET account (this one) to the Steam (id REMOVED)

When I installed the game via Steam and pressed Play it has just asked me "enter your public name", I've entered "REMOVED" and, it seems, it just created the new account (REMOVED), no matter that my Steam account registered to the same e-mail REMOVED

But I didn't want the new account - I wannna connect my old account to the Steam.

Please help

Can I use my current Guild Wars 2 account to log into the game through Steam?

No, if you have a Guild Wars 2 account which was created through the Guild Wars 2 website, you cannot log into it through Steam and vice versa. You will need to continue playing on your account using the client from the Guild Wars 2 website. To be able to login from Steam, you must create an account via Steam and use the Steam client to log into the game.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053416353-Steam-FAQ

29 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

As far as I know, Steam accounts and ANet accounts are separate. there is this post from a little while back about "connecting" Steam so it uses your ANet account when launching GW2. I have never tried this, but it might be something to look into.

well, thank but it not the same: Iw anna fully connect Arena account to Steam, to be able to pay with Steam wallet
not just add another launcher.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Can I use my current Guild Wars 2 account to log into the game through Steam?

No, if you have a Guild Wars 2 account which was created through the Guild Wars 2 website, you cannot log into it through Steam and vice versa. You will need to continue playing on your account using the client from the Guild Wars 2 website. To be able to login from Steam, you must create an account via Steam and use the Steam client to log into the game.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053416353-Steam-FAQ

kitten, this sux 😞

• Haha 1

Simple reason for this is that Anet doesn't want to share more money with Steam than they have to.  Whenever you purchase anything with an Anet account, Anet gets all of that money.  With a Steam account, Steam is taking some percentage of each transaction, and Anet would rather keep it.

• Like 1