Confused about prebuffing in fractals

Hey there!

I have been enjoying playing druid in fractals and started doing CM's. I understand that druid is not preferred mainly I guess because of limited stability.

I understand prebuffing is just using your boon giving skills before a pull so everyone is jacked up at the start of the fight, but this feels weird on a druid. For instance warhorn 5 is also for CC and I would like to use it for that at the start of a fight. For Alacrity I need to go into celestial avatar which is usually what I do after popping warhorn and my mace 3.

I tried searching around, but can't find any information regarding this. On the Snow Crows heal/alac druid it says "Wait for combat and boonstrip before generating any boons! This short sequence ramps up the most important boons quickly."

I guess that implies you shouldn't bother prebuffing as a druid? I don't get the boonstrip part.

I don't like being too against the flow as I'm pugging, but at the same time I'm really invested in the ranger. Should I just consider not healing in CM fractals or the difference between druid and HFB is not major?

Thank you for your input!

Druid works better if you do boons as you go, since druid has combat requirements here and there. You can do partial boons if your team really wants to pre.

The boonstrip part is for certain encounters.

While the builds are usually the same for raids and fractals, Snowcrows' page is specifically aimed at raids and strikes and this is where the pre-fight boonstrip happens. In fractals however, you can usually freely pre buff before any encounter. It's best done next to a mistlock mote, so you can pre-stack, take the mote and magically have all your cooldowns and ressources ready again. If you seek more information about fractals (cms), you might want to check out DnT's page.

• Like 4

CM 97 and 98 don't strip boons so you can pre cast everything at the mistlock before each of those bosses then jump into the fight with all relevant skills recharged. 99 and 100 do, and likely every new fractal in the future will, so getting a good pre cast will be a skill that gets less and less useful.