help needed for Blishhut

Hello  gw2 Gamers,

its  about the   module events ant meta obsever
I see the  meta s en  event coming  in my  screen ,  but no wp in kitten  chat box.  is  there something that i  do  wrong ?
 or not have instald right

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

yes i  have seen that line that it says that,   i  see that it is  copying  it    but i  do not  see a link in  the  chat , thats  just the  problem.

its  says  this  :
 Clicking on the notification will copy the event's waypoint to your clipboard so that you can quickly travel there.

but i  do not know how ?

Edited by Hephaistos.3061
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hephaistos.3061 said:

yes i  have seen that line that it says that,   i  see that it is  copying  it    but i  do not  see a link in  the  chat , thats  just the  problem.

its  says  this  :
 Clicking on the notification will copy the event's waypoint to your clipboard so that you can quickly travel there.

but i  do not know how ?

I assume it will be something like:
1. click on the notification, which COPIES the link.
2. press "ctrl+v" to PASTE it into the chat. (or "enter" to acitvate the chat and then "ctrl+v")
3. press enter, then click on the link in chat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

When I first saw the topic, I have read the title in a different way. Especially because it was written blish huT.

What is a clip-board and how does it work?
You can imagine it as the short-term memory of your computer. Every time you copy something (either with right-click -> copy or CTRL+C. The CTRL-key is yon your keyboard, bottom-left corner. Hold that key and then press the C key on your keyboard with another finger, while having something marked/highlighted), you park that thing on the clip-board of your computer. The space on the clip-board is kinda huge, but most apps do not really use the full potential. When you copy something into the clip-board, the previous item gets removed. Even if it was not pasted anywhere. Some apps have the ability to store multiple objects next to each others and a feature to select specific items from the clip-board. But the majority just works with one object only. That object can be as little as a single number (e. g. "1") or as huge as picture or video-file. 

When an app tells you that it stored something on the clip-board, that means you can release it via the paste feature wherever you want it. Either via right-click + paste or ctrl+v.

In your special case, upon clicking on the element in the blish hud, it copies the waypoint into your clip-board. Which means you are required to enter your chat-console and press ctrl+v (= the shortcut key-combination to 'paste' something from the clip-board) and press enter. It will then cause you to link this waypoint in your current chat-channel. Which means that everyone in that channel, including yourself, can click on it to auto-scroll to the location on the worldmap.

Note: This is not a mockery of your intellect. For most gamers, the clip-board and its functionality is basically common knowledge. We grew up with this tech. But there are people out there who seriously struggle with computers. We have reached a point with computer-games, where the target-audiences are no longer only tech-nerds. Which is imo amazing and proof that the system finally gets society-wide appreciation. But this also means, that we have to change our way of explaining stuff.

Also keep in mind that the English board is accessed by a huge variety of different languages. Not everyone is a native-speaker. Sometimes more simple explanations are better than more detailed ones.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1