[Suggestion] Additional mobilities: Knocked down and Aerial mobilities

Posted (edited)

Hi! I love this game, the animation and the combat. I like the mobility of the characters when standing or running, however, I find it lacking when a player is Knocked down or jumping. I think it is cool to have a mobility when Knocked down (roll to the sides or front and back) and maybe a little bit of aerial attacks as well.

An example is from the game called Dragon Nest SEA where if a character is Knocked down , players can double tap left/right/front/back and the character will roll to the direction according to the key pressed. Here is an example: watch the mercenary @ 2:36, also demonstrated are the aerial mobilities.

Notice that when any of our two characters are Knocked down from each other's attacks, we can still move or roll to left/right/front/back. 

also on this video @ 00:17 seconds

In the same video demonstrates the Aerial mobility when the character was thrown into the air by an enemy attack

I think these movements will drastically improve the gameplay of the characters in guild wars 2. In Dragon Nest these mobilities have a corresponding Knocked down/aerial skill that does damage the enemy or even cause them to flinch. 

I want to hear your thoughts about these and hopefully the devs and anet considers it. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Zeperio.4853
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I mean, downed means you are downed. You are fighting for survival.

It's not a knock down, it's right before being defeated.

And as for knockdown there are stunbreak skills. I don't really see a point in adding rolling.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I mean, downed means you are downed. You are fighting for survival.

It's not a knock down, it's right before being defeated.

And as for knockdown there are stunbreak skills. I don't really see a point in adding rolling.

ohh sorry when I said downed I meant, when the character was knocked down. I'm gonna have to change the title. Also it is true that there are stunbreaks skills but the action/movement alone for me feels lacking because your character is just lying there when logically they can roll away from a fight

Edited by Zeperio.4853
  • Sad 1

• Zeperio.4853 changed the title to [Suggestion] Additional mobilities: Knocked down and Aerial mobilities