Skywatch Archipelago Bugged The Soaring Aerie

The above area in Skywatch Archipelago, where the Greater Arcane Chest is and where Peitha says "These Fractals" everytime you go up there, is causing repeated crashes for both myself and my spouse. We cannot retrieve our characters from there. I know it's patch day and yall are busy, just wanted to make sure that this bug is reported and gets addressed. 

• Thanks 3

There's a greater arcane chest in Skywatch Archipelago that is near a rich orichalcum vein. The chest rests on a structure that is adjacent to a small tower. I wish I could describe this better.

Anyway, I am trying to log in that character and it immediately crashes the game. I'm not sure if it's just me, or if others would also crash if they were there. I have tried logging in several times and the crash persists. I did send crash reports to Anet. Hopefully you can pinpoint the issue with this information provided.

• Haha 1

I can confirm I have the same bug, I was doing a Greater Arcane chest run on Skywatch Archipelago and when my character was close to the floating tower where one of the Greaters is alongside that Orichalcum ore vein, my game crashed. I am now unable to log into that character without the game immediately crashing, but can log in on other characters that are not on that map.

Send help! My main is trapped :(

• Sad 2

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all, I'm so sorry you're running into this!

To let you know what's going on behind the scenes: We've found the cause of the issue and are working on a two-part solution. We're getting one change live ASAP to make it stop happening so no additional players are affected--you will not need to restart your game client for this one.

We're also working on a second update that will fix the issue entirely and un-stick those of you who have already been impacted. That second update will go live in a hotfix as soon as possible today. 

Thanks for flagging this issue and for being patient while we get it sorted out!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5