Some fractals need change

If you look at what a fractal is, it supposed to be something quick with skippable content.
here some example :

1. Volcanic fractal : you have a little event, a road, a little boss and a road you can skip then the final boss.
  2. urban fractal : you have a little boss, a road you can skip and final boss
  3. thaumanova : you have a little boss, a road dealing dmg you can solo and skip with teleports, a puzzle, a little event and a boss
  4. Molten boss : you have a road you can skip, then a little boss then road and final boss

In all of this, you have boss that doesn't stay alive a lot of time but have little mechanics like molten, the first boss you kill power up the second one. Or thaumanova where you need to move around or use the special action key one by one to skip the mechanic.

now we get those :

1. sunqua peak : story, a little boss, story, a little boss, road, a little boss, story, final boss
  2. silent surf : a puzzle jump then a 15min boss ?!
  3. lonely tower : a road, a puzzle then a 15min boss ?!

This can be a lot better easily and look more like standard fractal with just little change.

For sunqua, when you arrive at the air enemis, you should fight him, then the water one come and you fight it then the fire one. Making all the fight at the same place and don't have a lot of road to do. Then you get a portal or whatever to go next to the door where the deer tell you everything for 3min, at this place, make the puzzle jump that let you skip behind the door let you go directly to the boss and skip the whole dialogue !
For silent surf : make the split mechanic only at 50% so only once, not twice. Then nerf the boss hp to the same amount of the shatter observatory first boss.
For lonely tower : reduce the hp of the boss to the same amount of the thaumanova boss.

Fractal are supposed to be rushed by player. If you want a boss that stay alive for 15min go do strikes ! Don't blend strikes into fractals ! I really enjoyed the daily fractals, now, i really don't want to do it if it has 100 or 99 or 98.. thanks ANET

(ps : sorry for my english, not my main language)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

i talk about normal mode, not cm (just in case) cm are correct, i have done all of them so far.. and i don't care if they stay like that. I'm not doing cm anymore till a long time ago cause silent surf cm killed my motivation to deal with this type of thing. For fractal t4 normal mode, it's lonely tower that killed my motivation to go do them. silent surf was already a arrow in the knee.. now i just don't want to do fractals anymore.

• Confused 1

Only fractals that need a change or to get rid off are aquatic and solid ocean

everybody just mash their buttons against the boss jellyfish and underwater combat is utter crap and the two run events dolphins and plant in the darkness are also boring ...

solid ocean is just wait ... wait ...wait ... ohhh lazer beammmm ! fall asleep ...wait ...wait ...wait ..ohhh another lazer beam ! boring ....

agree that the two new ones are big health alive sponges , Sunqa peak while being long has a really good bossfight it's fast and get really intense at some moment , especially in the cm mode , bosses with lower hp pool but with more intense mechanic plz.

But i get why anet is doing bosses with such large hp pool , our characters have become real beasts in term of damage , booning and healing so in order to not humiliate new bosses they need huge hp pool , while they could diminish it a bit it feel like a kannaxai 1.0 with a hp bar done for 10 players.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I get that they adapt to new dmg number.. but please, don't. Other fractal don't adapt and their good this way. You killed a boss in 2min ? and ? it's fun, it's rapid, you don't need a hp sponge to have good fight. Skorvald the Shattered have 5,551,340 HP . and it's already a lot ! don't give more. It's not supposed to be a 5 man raid or strike !

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Only fractals that need a change or to get rid off are aquatic and solid ocean

everybody just mash their buttons against the boss jellyfish and underwater combat is utter crap and the two run events dolphins and plant in the darkness are also boring ...

solid ocean is just wait ... wait ...wait ... ohhh lazer beammmm ! fall asleep ...wait ...wait ...wait ..ohhh another lazer beam ! boring ....

agree that the two new ones are big health alive sponges , Sunqa peak while being long has a really good bossfight it's fast and get really intense at some moment , especially in the cm mode , bosses with lower hp pool but with more intense mechanic plz.

But i get why anet is doing bosses with such large hp pool , our characters have become real beasts in term of damage , booning and healing so in order to not humiliate new bosses they need huge hp pool , while they could diminish it a bit it feel like a kannaxai 1.0 with a hp bar done for 10 players.

i tend to agree with solid ocean, it's like a afk fractal and they should do something about it.. but i feel like if they adapt it now, it would be worse.

For aquatic, just put it in t1-t2 it's ok as a rec, not as a daily.

• Confused 1

Just now, Mic.1897 said:

I don't get the people complaining about boss HP. Do people genuinely want fractals to be bosses with a couple 30 second power burst phases?

yes, it was like that, and it's good like that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, trunksam.3497 said:

yes, it was like that, and it's good like that.

How is that good? That's so braindead lol

I personally can't wait for all of the older fractals to be cycled out since the newer ones are so much better

• Confused 2

Just now, Mic.1897 said:

How is that good? That's so braindead lol

I personally can't wait for all of the older fractals to be cycled out since the newer ones are so much better

if you like the new ones, go do strikes and raid, fractals isn't this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, trunksam.3497 said:

if you like the new ones, go do strikes and raid, fractals isn't this.

Sorry but this is what Fractals initially were, and I'm glad they're going back to it.

Power creep and outdated design dumbed it down a lot over the years and each new fractal helps correct that. It's just unfortunate it'll take a while to get all the old ones out.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Mic.1897 said:

Sorry but this is what Fractals initially were, and I'm glad they're going back to it.

Power creep and outdated design dumbed it down a lot over the years and each new fractal helps correct that. It's just unfortunate it'll take a while to get all the old ones out.

if you want 5 man strikes or raid, just do cm's.. don't do t4 daily. It's good to rush and burst enemis. if you dislike that, then your not gonna like doing t4 daily every day for years. Just let people have their rush type content. Have your hp sponges in cm or in other content like strikes and raid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Mic.1897 said:

Oh so you're just worried about doing dailies lol

i mean, this is the part the most fractal player enjoy. Doing either Cm+t4+recs or t4+recs. cm are harder (exept sunqua that is faster than normal mode) and t4 are fast and have some skippable content with portal or teleport. Now, doing t4 with silent reef or lonely is just.. well.. log out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mic.1897 said:

I don't get the people complaining about boss HP. Do people genuinely want fractals to be bosses with a couple 30 second power burst phases?

yes. if you want long fights go to raids or strikes

• Like 8

1 hour ago, trunksam.3497 said:

i mean, this is the part the most fractal player enjoy. Doing either Cm+t4+recs or t4+recs. cm are harder (exept sunqua that is faster than normal mode) and t4 are fast and have some skippable content with portal or teleport. Now, doing t4 with silent reef or lonely is just.. well.. log out.

If a 5-10min fight is too long for you then the content isn't the issue here lol

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Raskol.3014 said:

Fractals were designed with longer fights in mind. It's how they're supposed to be. Power creep just ruined it though and it's taking ANet a while to fix it.

Thankfully they are though!

Edited by Mic.1897
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Raskol.3014 said:

Considering fractals are the replacement for dungeons no they shouldn't be over in 2 minutes. You want that kind of content go hit up open world or something but this is part of the reason fractals have become a bore they die so easy. Not everything needs to be simplified to a few second burst window kill.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't care that much about how long or short they are. I care about sensible mechanics. But Nightmare and now Lonely Tower are just throwing a gazillion AoEs at you that you can't really avoid.

And Lonely Tower goes one further and forces you out of melee range, so that the healer can't heal the damage you took or cleanse the conditions, while repeatedly corrupting your boons.

Maybe someone will come up with some tactic that will ignore half the mechanics while still being effective, but after doing it yesterday, I think all you will see there are builds with good ranged DPS and with long range teleports (i.e. p/c mech, p/c virtuoso, rifle deadeye, specter and scourge), because nobody has enough dodges to go from one side of the arena to the other to pick up those orbs without a blink.

2 hours ago, trunksam.3497 said:

If you look at what a fractal is, it supposed to be something quick with skippable content.
here some example :

1. Volcanic fractal : you have a little event, a road, a little boss and a road you can skip then the final boss.
  2. urban fractal : you have a little boss, a road you can skip and final boss
  3. thaumanova : you have a little boss, a road dealing dmg you can solo and skip with teleports, a puzzle, a little event and a boss
  4. Molten boss : you have a road you can skip, then a little boss then road and final boss

This is so sad. No game designer or dev create content to be skipped and no manager would allow that since that would mean that you use resources on something not used so completly waste.

Your "skips" are actually bugs, but they were never fixed. In some other MMOs GW2's fractal skips would be called exploits and ppl get banned for it. Also based on last 9 fractals released from 2016 till 2024 they are not something quick with skippable content.

It is similar issue with raid, strike or OP meta bosses where you can melt them before any or some mechanic can kick in for whatever reason. That is not normal. Why do you think latest design kind of feel "slower"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

This is so sad. No game designer or dev create content to be skipped and no manager would allow that since that would mean that you use resources on something not used so completly waste.

Your "skips" are actually bugs, but they were never fixed. In some other MMOs GW2's fractal skips would be called exploits and ppl get banned for it. Also based on last 9 fractals released from 2016 till 2024 they are not something quick with skippable content.

It is similar issue with raid, strike or OP meta bosses where you can melt them before any or some mechanic can kick in for whatever reason. That is not normal. Why do you think latest design kind of feel "slower"?

if they continue like that and made more of this, no one will play it. People already avoid silent surf. Anet, keep going, you will lose your player base ! if it's what some player want, go for it and ruin your own game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, trunksam.3497 said:

if they continue like that and made more of this, no one will play it. People already avoid silent surf. Anet, keep going, you will lose your player base ! if it's what some player want, go for it and ruin your own game.

I think that you would be suprised how small is instanced content player base in GW2. GW2 was always MMO for casuals with no time to play. That is one of reason why we have no vertical progression. Why do you think new "easy" way to get skyscale was added to SOTO? Why do you think that content for GW2 anywhere is almost non existing or with small amount of views?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

I think that you would be suprised how small is instanced content player base in GW2. GW2 was always MMO for casuals with no time to play. That is one of reason why we have no vertical progression. Why do you think new "easy" way to get skyscale was added to SOTO? Why do you think that content for GW2 anywhere is almost non existing or with small amount of views?

so it's normal for new player in t1 to go on lonely tower or silent surf and just stop doing fractals cause it's freaking stupid

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They are fine. You want to go faster? Preform better. Pug CMs, t4 and recs take roughly a hour and 20 mins. Some bosses we are skipping entire phases due to dps. Portal skips, personally, is great added flavor and greatly reduce time. 

So what in your mind is the desired amount of time it should take to do the daily routine?

14 minutes ago, trunksam.3497 said:

I see this one all the time on this forum. "Anet! Change to what I want or lose ALL players and ruin your (read: my) game!"

Oh sweet summer child. Lol.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1