Quick and simple pistol fix

Posted (edited)

Make Dragon's Roar knockback the enemy as well.

Triggering warrior's cc oriented traits would give it great utility to compensate for it's mediocre damage.
Imagine triggering Aggressive Onslaught 1-3 times in one go based on amount of ammo spent.
And/Or quickly charging your adrenaline bar with Merciless Hammer trait.
Some extra damage secured with Unsuspecting Foe trait, since each pellet applies small cc getting extra crit chance.
Or some enemy stab removal the warrior way - by expanding it's stacks with barrage of cc.

The self-knockback would act as balance feature in spvp.
You can shred through an enemy's stab stacks with it and gain above mentioned benefits,
but you'll also create distance between both of you, preventing an easy to land but hard to reply to chain cc scenario.

Edited by StraightPath.3972
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm sure the original design was for style points, which honestly, it is stylish and neat. But this change would make the skill make more sense. I always feel odd seeing myself get pushed back slowly while firing at an opponent moving normally. It kind of feels like I'm merely posing, doing something useless.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

Make Dragon's Roar knockback the enemy as well.

Triggering warrior's cc oriented traits would give it great utility to compensate for it's mediocre damage.
Imagine triggering Aggressive Onslaught 1-3 times in one go based on amount of ammo spent.
And/Or quickly charging your adrenaline bar with Merciless Hammer trait.
Some extra damage secured with Unsuspecting Foe trait, since each pellet applies small cc getting extra crit chance.
Or some enemy stab removal the warrior way - by expanding it's stacks with barrage of cc.

The self-knockback would act as balance feature in spvp.
You can shred through an enemy's stab stacks with it and gain above mentioned benefits,
but you'll also create distance between both of you, preventing an easy to land but hard to reply to chain cc scenario.

Aggressive Onslaught has a ICD of 1/4s.

So it sadly won't trigger multiple times from one skill. 

But still thumbs up. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Aggressive Onslaught has a ICD of 1/4s.

So it sadly won't trigger multiple times from one skill. 

But still thumbs up. 

I'm not 100% sure but the skill feels like the bullets are not really fired at the same time.
In very quick succession, but not all at once.
And if that's the case if firing a full salvo (6 shots) there should be room for one more trigger on a 1/4s icd trait.

And thx 😉

Edited by StraightPath.3972
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be interesting if they made this work a bit more like harpoon gun 5, which does channel the 4 shots over the 1.25s cast time and can trigger Aggressive Onslaught 3 times in a single cast.

Adding a stun per bullet with a 0.25s cast time per bullet would make it BIS for triggering all the "on stun" traits. Or they could make the effects cumulative, so that you only got a stun when using 5 or 6 ammo, which would be weaker but could broaden its utility.