Tournament system might need some changes? What's up with some player's psychology?

Context: we get someone that afk's for two games, doesn't answer, then leaves before third game. I only see intentional malicious behaviour that I don't understand and makes everyone not only gain nothing, but lose 1h of life (worst matches of my life). Would be nice some mechanics so people that stays gets at least the participation prize? Or that would be against the logic of tournaments? I just don't get it.

I know that biggest motivators are things that rewards people. I take for granted that people is not moved by kindness, but for benefits. That makes systems like free market, demand and supply for good for everyone. In tournaments should be the same. To get your rewards, you have to stay until the end. So, to get your benefit, you stay. But then this person appears, and does this, where that person gains literally NOTHING, only some twisted satisfaction to ruin other's games... in pure silence. Psychopath behaviour? I don't know, at this point I'm truly curious. Because this person actively clicked to join PVP party to do a tournament, so... it cannot be pure misunderstanding or confusion. Even actively ran towards a wall to afk while running...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jedrik.3109 said:

If you would truly like. I can give you my issues and why I have done that in matches. 

If you done that in tournaments, then yeah, I would like to read that

50 minutes ago, DarkK.7368 said:

Context: we get someone that afk's for two games, doesn't answer, then leaves before third game.

They never intended to participate in the tournament. They just wanted the participation trophy. IIR they can leave and still get rewards as long as the entire team doesn't disband (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you want to take tournaments 1% more serious and want to avoid afk's, then you're gonna have to find a group of friends to do ATs with or join a guild.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

They never intended to participate in the tournament. They just wanted the participation trophy. IIR they can leave and still get rewards as long as the entire team doesn't disband (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you want to take tournaments 1% more serious and want to avoid afk's, then you're gonna have to find a group of friends to do ATs with or join a guild.

You get no participation trophy if you don't get to the end. No participation points, no gold, nothing. None of us 5 got a thing. When one leaves, the other 4 automatically leave the tournament (happened today). And if they wanted to do the weekly wizard's vault, why stay for second fight?

Edited by DarkK.7368

Yeah you need to complete 3 matches to get anything i believe. I have had someone leave and decline on the second match and you get no rewards at all. Not even QP. Some people may do it for malicious reasons to deny another from getting QP. 

There could be a case that something urgent came up for the person IRL where they couldn't participate after they accepted to join. Who knows.

1 hour ago, DarkK.7368 said:

Anyway it would be nice to read your experiences

First, I feel like I am an extreme minority in the reasons of my  self destructive actions in matches. And the majority fall into toxic for the sake of toxic, no fortitude to pull off a comeback (in low rank) and possible wintrading (in high rank).

After some thought, I do not feel it is appropriate for me to discuss my personal issues here. I am just not the same person every match. I truly apologize if I do not hold up and am on your team.

• Like 1

Put the message "no afk" in your LFG search, then ask people when they join if they plan to play all 3 games. No response or they give a bad answer? Politely kick them and keep searching. Not much else you can do but blacklist (block/friend add them change nickname to AT quitter) common quitters for future reference. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ixl Super Eu Ixl.3259 said:

Put the message "no afk" in your LFG search, then ask people when they join if they plan to play all 3 games. No response or they give a bad answer? Politely kick them and keep searching. Not much else you can do but blacklist (block/friend add them change nickname to AT quitter) common quitters for future reference. 

That should be "normal". Who would enter a tournament to leave in the middle and gain nothing? I suppose some random that wants to do wizard's vault, but... well, I suppose there's no harm in specificating "don't leave"