Farming T6 Materials

What would be good way (spot) to farm t6 fine materials, especially Vicious Fangs, Vicous Claws, Ancient Bones. But getting some other is also ok.

I read that Despond Precipe Frostgorge Sound, Aberrant Forest Bjorna Marchess are ok. But maybe there are other spots.

There is also use laurens on t6 bags, and buy violate magic pick/axe and get caches.

• Sad 1

Farming eternal ice shards (bjora) is the easiest way to buy Magic caches for T6 IMO. You convert them to volatile magic through an npc in Eye of the North.

You can do a daily route there openning all the chest (requires all essence masteries tho). I think is better than trying to farm the raw material.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Kryptis are a good source of the fangs and I thinbk Drizzlewood as well for the claws - these are more often T5 which you can upgrade to T6 in the forge

Farming the mats themselves isn't the best way forward, better to buy heavy bags in bulk via laurels or other sources. Or upgarde as above

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1

If you havent already started using the Pact Supply network, you can get 6 material bags a day using karma and unlocking the mastery. When in game type /wiki psna and go to each location for the pact supply agent and buy their material bags. You can then check /wiki mbrp to see which map will reward which material for the corresponding material you want to focus. Its also good for gold.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, SirDoNKeY.4578 said:

If you havent already started using the Pact Supply network, you can get 6 material bags a day using karma and unlocking the mastery. When in game type /wiki psna and go to each location for the pact supply agent and buy their material bags. You can then check /wiki mbrp to see which map will reward which material for the corresponding material you want to focus. Its also good for gold.

I'm afraid I don't see any material bags offered:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent#Items_offered

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Yes they are.

If you go to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward/profit you will see which map will give you which rewards from opening those mapping materials. I recently opened 80 bags in Frostgorge sound and received 82 vials of potent blood.

This week, if you opened those mapping materials in cursed shore you will get vials of potent blood.

If you open them in southsun cove you will get armored scales. 

If you open them in Straits of devastation you will get power venom sacs.

Etc etc

Just try it before you start knocking me for it.

Edited by SirDoNKeY.4578
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Well, technically those still ain't bags, they're consumables giving map reward points which indeed can translate into T6 mats, IF you are on the right map. If not, you can receive pretty crap stuff instead. So one definetly should check which map gives which rewards on which week. So yes, it is a way to gather T6 mats if done right, though it's a rather time consuming one. The most obvious one is probably to just gather gold and buy the ones missing if you need them.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SirDoNKeY.4578 said:

OP asked for ways to get t6 materials and I provided. I dont know why I'm being picked out for my suggestion. Yes, technically, they arent t6 bags. But are they a good source of t6 materials? Yes.

They activate the reward track from each map's individual rewards for doing events(not opening bags). Whether thats shiny baubles or T6 maps, rotates every week. Each map lists what it gives on when you hover over it on the world map

But otherwise, you are correct. They suppliment the direct farming on a map. It used to be one of the best ways in places like Orr to get lodestones and T6 mats. Not so much now, but its an option that one can use, yes

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3

Well, the first answer in this thread pointed to map rewards already. Sure, it could've been more elaborate, but giving the same answer later with more info but unprecise wording might be confusing for inexperienced players (which OP seems to be). However, by now it should be clear that map rewards are an option for T6 mats and by now it should be clear how it works, if someone is willing to play the /wiki game. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

OP here.

The response like:

1. Get Karma

2. Go to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent#Items_offered and   and buy https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Scout's_Mapping_Materials

3. Go to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward/profit   and blast your Mapping Materials

4. If you save 20 pact materials, you can click your way to 10x map reward.

5. LW4 have karma retribution, so we can get some karma doing meta events there.

is quite useful and informative.

so thx

EDIT: For future generation: Bjorna Marchess, ice shard either from mining, or metas, and turning them into shipping totems in domain of istan is quite good.

Edited by evilcat.6817
  • Like 1