Fiery Dragon Sword losing Burning Graphic Effect on switching templates till next map change [Merged]

Posted (edited)

As title says:
Fiery Dragon Sword losing Burning Graphic Effect on switching templates till next map change.
This was introduced with todays patch

On the Icy Dragon Sword the bug doesn't happen. It's still smaller than the Fiery variant tho.. since ever :classic_sad:

Edited by Nero.7369
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

It doesn't seem to be specific to template changes though, weapon swaps will extinguish it too, and occasionally it will just not ignite even when it's the primary weapon set.

Really hope I don't have to go to the Mists and find another imprisoned god to get it burninating again.

PS: apparently using a waypoint and mounts/dismounts are also things that will put it out.

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
PS, seems basically random
  • Haha 1

So far it seems like about a 50/50 chance of the blade not igniting after the character's status changes in some way - change build templates, wp travel, weapon swap, mount/dismount, etc.

It wasn't fixed in today's patch so I hope it's sorted soon, the FDS is probably the single most iconic weapon in Guild Wars (both games, both in the lore and player-usable). It really should be working properly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I forgot to mention a possibly-relevant troubleshooting detail: I only have this thing equipped on a single character, and all of his "show/hide when stowed" boxes are unchecked; i.e. his weapons are always hidden until drawn.

Is that also the case for others here, or does that option have no effect?

Edited by Teknomancer.4895

On 6/4/2024 at 7:47 PM, Nero.7369 said:

Fiery Dragon Sword losing Burning Graphic Effect on switching templates till next map change.

Which that was a feature...

The day I have the option to turn off all player weapon, armor and trinket effects I won't ask for anything ever again.

• Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Fiery Dragon Sword losing Burning Graphic Effect on switching templates till next map change [Merged]

Still a thing, though if it may help, I did confirm with a friend of mine that this is just a client-side visual bug; I had it occur to me and asked my friend to look at my character and they could see the sword's fire just fine.  Easily reproduced; all I have to do is mount then dismount.  Seems there's other ways to cause it to happen, too, based on this thread.

this needs to be fixed immediately. there's no reason I shouldn't be able to enjoy my Sword that I spent HOURS and HOURS on guild wars 1 to get. this should've been fixed in the recent update but it's not. This would not be a long and difficult fix to do.

• Like 1

My Flaming Dragon Sword skin (from HoM) extinguishes in maps if I mount dismount. It's the same long standing bug which removes backpacks in certain maps like Dragon Fall, except this is in any map

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...