Simple AFK player fix.

6 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

I don't think we are saying the same thing. I agree that active players shouldn't get kicked, but i don't think every automated solution would result in active players getting kicked - i mean we have an automated feature right now, and never heard of anyone complaining about getting kicked by it while actively playing, right? I also don't think that bringing non automated solutions into the discussion makes any sense, because it's never going to be worth the investment for anet. At least not long term.

But remember the OP's idea is you are kicked when your participation reaches 0. The current system is you're kicked when not performing a skill after a certain time. There is even missing text from the OP's title statement of what type of afk player they are talking about. I think they are referring to wall runners which bypass the current system. So by kicking wall runners at 0 participation they also kick other players. Again the OPs idea is a generalization versus an idea that is actionable, it's missing details to further narrow down the definition of an actual wall runner. Anet is already working on a option for wall runners, but just zero participation wouldn't work for a number of reasons without changing other game aspects which aren't listed in the OP's one line idea solution. As written it would kick any player just trying to try out WvW for the first time let alone others. We can agree on intent to define and remove people blocking others from entering WvW while they are not actually active. But I don't think the OPs definition is wide enough to define that ruleset of active versus what defines a wall runner.

7 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

But yes, checking for position instead of running animation would solve the issue of afk wall running.

This would be a better idea than 0 participation, but could still also be spoofed with a more advanced macro then just auto-running, but still might not solve the issue.

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Hi. I question your question.

I agree you sound like a roamer that just attacks. Where I question based on your posts and some of your insults, lol, to other posters is your scope of roaming. Are you an Anet employee that think's roaming doesn't exist or all just gankers? Oh hai. Or do you really not defend or do activities that help your side outside of personal gain?

No, roamers do more than just attack. They do all the things. And this means at time doing the boring things that add value to their side that their large scale don't do. Small scale do a lot of things not out of rewards but it needs to be done. So you want to kick them for it? What a terribad idea unless all you want is ktrains.

I used to roam, now I zerg. Those other mechanics you think are helping aren't doing much. Non-participation giving activities are pretty useless, for the most part. At the very least, you shouldn't be taking very long to do them.

The one thing that has killed my participation is doing the obsidian sanctum JP for some collection.  I'm not the fastest at it, partly because I only do it when needed, but it would be really frustrating to be 75% through it and then kicked because participation has dropped to zero.

21 minutes ago, Kitty.4806 said:

I used to roam, now I zerg. Those other mechanics you think are helping aren't doing much. Non-participation giving activities are pretty useless, for the most part. At the very least, you shouldn't be taking very long to do them.

Wall repairs say hi. Besides if I spend an hour stopping a zerg from actually taking anything due to reports that bring my side to bear, its worth the time to keep ghosting them so they can keep getting ambushed. Plus the game of have a zerg chase a scout is still quite fun.

8 minutes ago, Solvar.7953 said:

The one thing that has killed my participation is doing the obsidian sanctum JP for some collection.  I'm not the fastest at it, partly because I only do it when needed, but it would be really frustrating to be 75% through it and then kicked because participation has dropped to zero.

They could probably code differently for the maps so you might be fine there.