Removed rune 6 bonuses

19 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

They should have simply stated that 6th rune bonuses would be removed and relics would be added as a different system.

They did.

The way it was presented had many of us thinking the 6th rune bonuses would become relics.

As already mentioned, pretty sure we were told some relic effects will be inspired by the bonus rune effects, so if you "understood it differently", it's on you. No need to repeat "they should have said it!" when they did say it.

That way we can stop hoping for something they never intended to give us.

They probably won't give you a definitive answer whether or not something will for sure happen or definitely won't happen, because there's simply no reason to close any doors you'll then attempt to bring back years later as something "they lied about". It really isn't a rocket science. What you know now is that they didn't promise bringing back anything and that it isn't a thing now. If "it definitely won't happen" would make you feel better (suuure) then tell yourself it definitely won't happen.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They did.

As already mentioned, pretty sure we were told some relic effects will be inspired by the bonus rune effects, so if you "understood it differently", it's on you. No need to repeat "they should have said it!" when they did say it.

They probably won't give you a definitive answer whether or not something will for sure happen or definitely won't happen, because there's simply no reason to close any doors you'll then attempt to bring back years later as something "they lied about". It really isn't a rocket science. What you know now is that they didn't promise bringing back anything and that it isn't a thing now. If "it definitely won't happen" would make you feel better (suuure) then tell yourself it definitely won't happen.

Thank you so much for breaking that down for me. My perspective is changed 🙄 I'd say pardon the sarcasm but I stand by it. I appreciate that you don't agree with my opinion. Really, I do. At no point did I accuse them of lying. I'm just stating how it felt to me, an average player. In my line of work there are methods for communicating with the masses and Anet was intentionally vague. I love the game and actively support it but THEY COULD HAVE PRESENTED THIS BETTER. Fact is that they were scared to say what they were taking away to give us this feature. There are many of us that would greatly appreciate getting those missing 6th rune bonuses back as relics. We thought we would be mixing and matching them with runes. What we got was limited at best. Pardon me for not picking apart the wording of the announcement more thoroughly.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Thank you so much for breaking that down for me. My perspective is changed 🙄 I'd say pardon the sarcasm but I stand by it. I appreciate that you don't agree with my opinion. Really, I do. At no point did I accuse them of lying

Maybe if you focused more on the response you got instead of focusing on being sarcastic for who knows what reason, you'd notice I didn't say you accused them of lying. I said if they made a definitive statement about it, it would keep being dragged out whenever it would be fitting for whomever.

57 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I'm just stating how it felt to me, an average player.

What is this supposed to mean?
It doesn't matter how "it felt to you" (a self-proclaimed "average player", apparently, which you established... who knows how?), it matters what was said. If you understood it differently then now it's being pointed out to you (although I'm sure it was already pointed out to you last year too). But you don't like what was being said, so you'll keep turning away from that and keep saying "how it felt for average player". It seems like a rather silly position to take, considering at that point nothing they -or anyone else- did or said matters, because you already decided to choose your feeling about it. At this point it's not about what they said or how they did it, you're not willing to accept it because you don't like the result anyways. And make no mistake: you're free to dislike it, but at least don't try to dress your dislike of the state of effects as something "average player completely misunderstood!", because that's not what it is.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...