No, Trust Me: Warrior Would like Some "Shenanigans" and Bladesworn is Probably Ideal for It.

Spear looks fine. I find it weird that a thrown weapon is a better raged, power weapon, and cleaves more targets than a Greatsword up-close. But sure, new weapon, whatever.

That being said we can only subsist on White Bread and Vanilla Ice Cream for so long. Please stop assuming / telling us what we want.

^ But I get that not all people feel this way. Still, it would be nice to have SOME variety. Maybe consider adding some "On X do Y" to Bladesworn. (If it ever gets fixed/reworked to not be just the worst thing ever to play. -- Idea: Maybe have the Bullets you store for converting Flow actually linger and either be usable for Dragon Slashes (hopefully ones that actually have proper pathing or don't have arbitrary, unexplained delays added to them) or Have the bullets be usable INSTEAD of your ammunition charges on skills for what is austensibly "The Armament Class?"

+ Bonus Points: If you can extend some love, from the clearly dope AF Art Team you have now, to Updating Bladesworn Animations. After [Flow Stabilizer] was almost immediately re-used for the Shiro's Swords Gemstore Package, Dragon Trigger 3 straight-up got yoinked' by Necro and the class basically has 0 flavor to it other than "jank." This feels like butt from a class/identity perspective. I really don't intend this as cynical but I bought EoD because of Bladesworn and always wanted to love it. But every single time either Gunsaber, Dragon Trigger, the Utilities, or the entire Trait Kit got updated. It just got worse and worse to play (not even because of nerfs, altho those didn't help, but because of all the new bugs.) Gunsaber projectiles not hitting, Flow Stabilizer giving Fury instead of Stability (and not getting renamed,) The arbitrary, and undocumented, loss of the last 20 Range on Dragon Trigger 2 when you added a 0.5s delay that isn't affected by quickness on the land version, etc.

Somewhat ironically, Bladesworn, the Gunsaber-Wielding Samurai around which a serious chunk of EoD's story lore is built has basically 0 identity. But it doesn't have to be this way:

- The New Hybrid Melee/Ranged Auto tech is PERFECT for a Gunsaber auto.

- Some of the "on X do Y" tech for skills could easily be used for varrying levels of Gundaber / Dragon Trigger Skills if the bullet mechanic was slightly tweaked.

and Please, for the love of Joko, if nothing else: Update the Visuals and FINALLY LET US SHEATHE OUR GUNSABER. There isn't even an animation for when you let your Dragon Trigger organically expire. The Gundaber just disappears and the reappears in your hand after you leave the sheathed' stance... I know you can do it. The Umbrella Sword Skin is in the game. Please give us a gameplay and lore identity that is even slightly more polished! 😄

#SaveBladesworn.

*Other Spear Notes:

> Dear God, please don't keep the knock back on the 3 as the awful Ground-Based, Dragon Trigger 3 Projectile--Which still hasn't been fixed, even though Necro sword has. | This literally never hits anything.

> Don't animation lock us AGAIN on the Burst Skill. We already have enough of this in a game about "Freedom of movement" with Hundred Blades (which Purforate is just a better version of) and Dragon Trigger. I'd take the ability to move while casting over an evade any day. There's a reason you don't like to play Warrior Cal. It's because you keep forcing things like Longbow to be "A Melee Weapon" and the skills to play like butt. -- Still no real, ranged condi weapon btw. (Hole for Rifle Rework here!)

Thx for Reading if y'all did. Good preview stream! 😄 Other classes look very fun.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Also bought EoD over bladesworn and agree that it just got progressively worse. Maybe 5 years down the line it will get the attention it deserves but I do not have the patience for that. I'm not even gonna suggest on how to fix it I feel like your post sums things up better than I ever could.

Oh and I can't even make a Sam cosplay because I can't sheathe the kitten gunsaber lmao, really sums up the whole warrior experience doesn't it

Edited by rainhelm.3827

For real, please stop using Warrior = Simple as justification for putting the least amount of effort into it. 

Maybe if you tried harder to make it interesting you would have more interest in the class in the first place. 

Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

For real, please stop using Warrior = Simple as justification for putting the least amount of effort into it. 

Maybe if you tried harder to make it interesting you would have more interest in the class in the first place. 

Very understated, I wish Anet would take this to heart. And I thought from watching the twitch recording they both seemed bored while showing the warrior skills compared to the other classes. Almost like we were just a nuisance to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2024 at 4:17 AM, Jzaku.9765 said:

"Simple" can be interesting and impactful, if it's allowed the possibility to be complex. Everything that is complex starts out from simple concepts, it's all about how to take a simple idea and seeing how far it can go in how it's applied. The Warrior unlike other professions, is based entirely on physical prowess, and their form of magic is to enhance that physical prowess even further. While it's a simple concept, there is a lot that they can do with it if it were allowed to be utilized it other ways.

For example, Warriors can strengthen any aspect of their bodies, any aspect, to not only hit harder, resist damage, and move faster, but also empower their own voice to improve and invigorate the physical condition of themselves to the point that even their allies are able to feel it from just being within the Warrior's shouting distance. They are capable of being more than just raging meat-heads, they have the ability to lead armies, bolster the morale of their squad,  even without the need of objects like banners. Their physical presence alone on the battlefield should make their allies go into a boisterous fervor of courage, and at the same time paralyze their enemies with fear.

With this resume, it is shocking to see Warrior not able to fulfill it's duties in-game. Sure it has most of these aspects on-paper, but so much of these are held back because the profession's simplicity isn't allowed to be stretched further. What applications are there to the Core Bursts, other than just press a button for bigger damage? It's far too inflexible for a profession that is said in the documents and flavor text to be a versatile solider.

At this point, I would rather the design team look at other MMOs, or just games in-general, on how to make Warriors interesting, if they're that in need of a vision for a Warrior. I would suggest they take a look at FFXIV's Warrior, that also has a simple mechanic with their Beast Gauge, but it's more versatile compared to our Warrior's Adrenaline mechanic, because it's used to fuel multiple skills and with each skill at most costing 50 out of the Beast Gauge's maximum of 100.

Edited by Smoothpine.1895
  • Like 2