The new forum has a nice use of avatar images, I was wondering if there will be more choices in the future? or even a chance that you will be able to choose one of your own characters as your avatar, the same picture as in the character select screen.

In general, what does everyone think of the current avatar images we can choose from.I personally went for the thief since it's the class I play most

They've already said more avatars will be coming - but it will be more stock images, not ones you can upload yourself.

I can kind of understand why they don't want to do that, it's a lot of extra work for the moderators. Not just making sure people don't have inappropriate pictures but making sure they stick to restrictions on the size and shape (there's always someone who tries to find a way around automated restrictions to make their avatar gigantic) and providing support to people who don't understand the process or have problems with it.

It would be great if they could do it eventually, but I can definitely understand not offering it right away.

@Danikat.8537 said:They've already said more avatars will be coming - but it will be more stock images, not ones you can upload yourself.

I can kind of understand why they don't want to do that, it's a lot of extra work for the moderators. Not just making sure people don't have inappropriate pictures but making sure they stick to restrictions on the size and shape (there's always someone who tries to find a way around automated restrictions to make their avatar gigantic) and providing support to people who don't understand the process or have problems with it.

It would be great if they could do it eventually, but I can definitely understand not offering it right away.

I was more thinking of the system Blizzard uses on their wow forums, where the image is of one of your own characters automatically implemented by the system.

Archived