Infusion stacking is broken [Merged]

14 minutes ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

Question 1: Does this specific issue also occur when you manually switch templates by clicking it, rather than using a keybind?

Question 2: Does this specific issue occur when you add in other infusions to the template along with the 8 Chak infusions?

Yes to both

21 minutes ago, Daniel.8129 said:

Yes to both

When I read your previous response mentioning that this occurs on 'Map Swap' as-well, I immediately thought this was happening to me as-well, since I leave my most played characters at Arborstone when I log out for the night, for the buffs .

When I log back in the following day, I just waypoint to what-ever map/game-mode that I want to start the day off with, which would in-turn trigger this effect, since you did say the Chak trail effects breaks with 'Template Swap' and 'Map Swap'.

So I thought I was probably never seeing the correct 8 stack Chak trail effects to begin with, since I immediately way-point upon logging in.

How-ever when I logged back in 5 minutes ago to confirm this suspicion, this was not the case.

I logged into my character and remained in Arborstone, without equipment template swapping, I ran around and noted the Chak trail effects.

I then swapped equipment templates, the Chak trail effects remained the exact same.

I then map swapped to the Wizards Tower for another test and ran around, the Chak trail effects remained consistent. 

To be honest I have no idea what's going on with your specified issue, nor do I know how to replicate it. 😞

Edited by Royal Grand Majesty.9852

20 minutes ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

When I read your previous response mentioning that this occurs on 'Map Swap' as-well, I immediately thought this was happening to me as-well, since I leave my most played characters at Arborstone when I log out for the night, for the buffs .

When I log back in the following day, I just waypoint to what-ever map/game-mode that I want to start the day off with, which would in-turn trigger this effect, since you did say the Chak trail effects breaks with 'Template Swap' and 'Map Swap'.

So I thought I was probably never seeing the correct 8 stack Chak trail effects to begin with, since I immediately way-point upon logging in.

How-ever when I logged back in 5 minutes ago to confirm this suspicion, this was not the case.

I logged into my character and remained in Arborstone, without equipment template swapping, I ran around and noted the Chak trail effects.

I then swapped equipment templates, the Chak trail effects remained the exact same.

I then map swapped to the Wizards Tower for another test and ran around, the Chak trail effects remained consistent. 

To be honest I have no idea what's going on with your specified issue, nor do I know how to replicate it. 😞

To get the full chunky effect you have to remove all the chaks and reapply them one by one.

Any map swap or template swap puts it back in its default state which is what you're seeing on your account.

You have to remove and reapply them every single time you template or map swap, if you want full trail thickness, and I think if you have 8 chak it's kind of your duty to flex them in all their glory.

I've gotten used to this task over the last couple years, pretty fast at it, but it would be nice if anet had 3 menu settings that allowed players to choose what kind of infu effect stacking they want. I doubt they will give any dev time just for the small amount of players who have chak stacks, but I can dream.

15 minutes ago, Daniel.8129 said:

To get the full chunky effect you have to remove all the chaks and reapply them one by one.

Any map swap or template swap puts it back in its default state which is what you're seeing on your account.

You have to remove and reapply them every single time you template or map swap, if you want full trail thickness, and I think if you have 8 chak it's kind of your duty to flex them in all their glory.

I've gotten used to this task over the last couple years, pretty fast at it, but it would be nice if anet had 3 menu settings that allowed players to choose what kind of infu effect stacking they want. I doubt they will give any dev time just for the small amount of players who have chak stacks, but I can dream.

I logged back into my Rev, i stayed in Arborstone, without equipment template switching, I ran around and took note of the trail effects..

I then removed all 8 of my Chaks and put them back in, 1 by 1, I ran around and it looked exactly the same.

I know this might be stretching a bit, but have you tried in a different map? Queensdale is notorious for its effect on brightness and glow effects on player fashion.

I clearly see a difference in the video you provided, maybe my eyes don't notice a difference when in-game. 

I'm clueless to be honest. 😞

Edited by Royal Grand Majesty.9852

4 minutes ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

I logged back into my Rev, i stayed in Arborstone, without equipment template switching, I ran around and took note of the trail effects..

I then removed all 8 of my Chaks and put them back in, 1 by 1, I ran around and it looked exactly the same.

I know this might be stretching a bit, but have you tried in a different map? Queensdale is notorious for its effect on brightness and glow effects on player fashion.

I clearly see a difference in the video you provided, maybe my eyes don't notice a difference when in-game. 

I'm clueless to be honest. 😞

I spend most of my time in wvw and armistice bastion and its been like this for years.

If you have your graphics settings on max with bloom on, it can make it look less noticable which might explain why you can't really see a difference.