Why did you kill PvE Power Holosmith?

AlPower.2476

Power Holosmith again got huge nerfs. So, we're having Scrapper as main dps option for engineer... again. Heal Q = Scrapper, Power Q = Scrapper; and now Power DPS = Scrapper.

At first I thought it was because spear would fit very well with P Holo and you were preventing a broken build. But, spear is actually a condition weapon, so Power Holo nerfs are free.

Please, stop trying to reduce game diversity. Stuck engineer in one spec is not fun. Scrapper was fine as QDPS/QHeal and as  a DECENT dps option. Power Holo is right now a lesser reaper, poorly dmg output (compared to other classes),  It's sad that "feedback" post was useless... again.

• Like 1

Spear is a hybrid weapon, though Condi is likely going to be better. However, the real reason for the nerf is because they want to force us to use grenade kit. I don't use kits, so I'm just kittened.

Edited by Calen.8945
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Calen.8945 said:

I don't use kits, so I'm just kittened.

Could do Mech with Throw Mine

Don't really see a way Scrapper/Holo wouldn't use a kit though

Edited by Mic.1897

well it's a tank spec so why should it be doing the best dps?

Realistically mechanist should be doing the highest dps since it has dps baked into no matter what build it runs with scrapper being the main support and holo being the tank spec.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Confused 1

Calen said it too, the biggest problem is that nearly all damage oritented engineer builds are forced into taking grenade kit to make up for a lack of damage elsewhere. It feels like they have balanced everything around this kit for far too long (here Holo has been gutted hard), in all, it's unfun and unhealthy for the class. I want to see bomb kit, a better elixir gun, a more interesting tool kit, turrets, gadgets and MORE expression. Make mortar kit stronger and more impactful but with less spam - just anything to get away from the "grenade kit is required for damage/burst" paradigm. Elite elixir could be it's own transformation etc. There's so many things that could be done.

Edited by Melumi.6432
  • Like 2

Yeah, it's not like grenade kit hasn't been stapled onto the bar of DPS engineer for far too long. And every new engineer weapon since release being either melee or support isn't exactly helping, because what do you pretty much have to take if your primary weapon is melee but you don't want to be obligatory melee? Bingo.

Seriously, it's getting to the point where they almost might as well just rename the class to Grenadier. Even the healing builds are usually still throwing healing grenades.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 6/29/2024 at 9:10 AM, Melumi.6432 said:

Calen said it too, the biggest problem is that nearly all damage oritented engineer builds are forced into taking grenade kit to make up for a lack of damage elsewhere. It feels like they have balanced everything around this kit for far too long (here Holo has been gutted hard), in all, it's unfun and unhealthy for the class. I want to see bomb kit, a better elixir gun, a more interesting tool kit, turrets, gadgets and MORE expression. Make mortar kit stronger and more impactful but with less spam - just anything to get away from the "grenade kit is required for damage/burst" paradigm. Elite elixir could be it's own transformation etc. There's so many things that could be done.

Nades killed Scrapper diversity builds in PvP, and now they're going for PvE engineer

On 6/29/2024 at 7:00 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Yeah, it's not like grenade kit hasn't been stapled onto the bar of DPS engineer for far too long. And every new engineer weapon since release being either melee or support isn't exactly helping, because what do you pretty much have to take if your primary weapon is melee but you don't want to be obligatory melee? Bingo.

Seriously, it's getting to the point where they almost might as well just rename the class to Grenadier. Even the healing builds are usually still throwing healing grenades.

well technically if you trigger big boomer and use the scrapper super speed with medical disperion you can heal for a nice amount passively by throwing grenades xD

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stalima.5490 said:

well technically if you trigger big boomer and use the scrapper super speed with medical disperion you can heal for a nice amount passively by throwing grenades xD

I wasn't even thinking about that. 😮

I was just thinking that a lot of the healing/support tools, while not technically grenades, are still basically tossing or launching something that bursts, if not explodes, in order to generate the support effect. Mortar kit, super elixir, shortbow, any utility elixirs you might have...