many players using stealth and thief to hide speed and tele hack

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

i wonder if this is why people think thief is op still

It is.

My favorite are DEs who camp rifle, who are not using rifle 4, who never swap to sword or shortbow, who are not using assassin sig or shadow trap, that no-animation port all over the place, not even just in stealth but also during revealed panic moments when you can blatantly see what they're doing.

There are a lot of people who aren't even trying to hide this stuff anymore. Like they aren't saving a sneaky port hack for a single stealth during a panic moment, nowadays they'll go ham with the hack mod use and use it to aggressively rotate all over the place and it's obvious what they're doing.

Would be amazing if Arenanet would implement a method to detect & auto-suspend accounts that were moving faster than their class/build/gear was capable of. You'd think it wouldn't be difficult to put a system in place like this, but hey what do I know.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It is.

My favorite are DEs who camp rifle, who are not using rifle 4, who never swap to sword or shortbow, who are not using assassin sig or shadow trap, that no-animation port all over the place, not even just in stealth but also during revealed panic moments when you can blatantly see what they're doing.

There are a lot of people who aren't even trying to hide this stuff anymore. Like they aren't saving a sneaky port hack for a single stealth during a panic moment, nowadays they'll go ham with the hack mod use and use it to aggressively rotate all over the place and it's obvious what they're doing.

Would be amazing if Arenanet would implement a method to detect & auto-suspend accounts that were moving faster than their class/build/gear was capable of. You'd think it wouldn't be difficult to put a system in place like this, but hey what do I know.

as long the auto detect is not bugged like when you gain superspeed by others, BANNNEEEDDDDD !!!! 😂

59 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Another seed of corruption sprouts in the hearts of war mains. 

Hehehehehe

There was once a Harbinger in WvW who did so crazy teleport hacks, it actually drew a crowd.

kitten was the most insane stuff i have ever seen. Literally dragonball speedblitzing.

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Another seed of corruption sprouts in the hearts of war mains. 

Hehehehehe

With no hacks at all... A thief mirrior does look like a dbz fight to be fair.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

as long the auto detect is not bugged like when you gain superspeed by others, BANNNEEEDDDDD !!!! 😂

Nah it should be simpler to implement than that.

Like the server should be able to read that your character is moving because:

1. You're pushing WASD
  2. It knows you have actual Swiftness or Super Speed, or are using something like Relic Of Speed or Wayfinder
  3. It clearly sees when you use a mobility skill or an actual utility port "it knows when you push and use Blink" as example.

And if it sees that a port occurs when you ARE NOT using a utility skill or an F skill like Steal, it should auto ban you on the spot. Buh-bye.

Same thing vs. speed hack. The server can see when you have Swift or Super Speed or a movement trait or a Speed Relic or Wayfinder. It knows how fast your character should be moving with WASD. It should easily be able to be configured so that the server would know when your character is moving faster with WASD than it should be.

I don't see what the problem is for coding something like this. Seems like it would be easy to do, but hey what do I know.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1