Purchasing the new expansion via Steam

I'm planning to purchase the Janthir expansion via a Steam. However, I couldn't manage to find the ultimate package on the steam.

So I'm wondering, is it possible for a Steam player to purchase the pack?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, TrAcKiiz.7635 said:

I'm planning to purchase the Janthir expansion via a Steam. However, I couldn't manage to find the ultimate package on the steam.

So I'm wondering, is it possible for a Steam player to purchase the pack?

The ultimate editions are only available in anets own shop. I guess that's because it needs a special return policy because of the gems and that would cause problem with the return policies of the retailers. (And maybe also because people then buy at anets shop and so they don't have to share with retailers).

Edited by Schimmi.6872
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

The ultimate editions are only available in anets own shop. I guess that's because it needs a special return policy because of the gems and that would cause problem with the return policies of the retailers. (And maybe also because people then buy at anets shop and so they don't have to share with retailers).

Oh thank you for the answer!
So can I still buy and get the code from Anet shop and use the code ? Would that activate the expansion on my steam?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, TrAcKiiz.7635 said:

Oh thank you for the answer!
So can I still buy and get the code from Anet shop and use the code ? Would that activate the expansion on my steam?

No that won't work. As for now if you are playing with a steam account your only option is to buy the basic version and then buy gems and use those gems to upgrade to the deluxe version in the game gemstore when the expansion launches.

The ultimate package versus the deluxe version just has a very nice deal on the 4000 gems, and that unfortunately isn't available for steam users. Same for the deluxe version, Anet has decided to not put it on the steam so they can avoid the 30% cut from steam purchases (which would end up with them having to increase the deluxe version price or lose that money).

• Like 1