Single character clothes bugged

Hello, 

I got the beach package and after trying it on my sylvari I decided to see what my human would look like with the breezy swim top and the raven ceremonial gown. However, upon glamming them over my current gear (leggy gear on top and bottom). The raven gown was missing it's dress and was only showing the trousers underneath. Which has resulted in a very thotty look, not really complaining. But after swapping gear, removing gear, logging off, closing the whole game, trying each piece of gear on it's own etc... It's still bugged! I have tried the same combo on my other characters and the gear looks as it should. To be clear this is not only the raven ceremonial gown, it is any bottoms that have skirts or smth that could be hidden due to another piece of clothing such as decade's saga and water dragon leg guards. 

So this is how she looks currently with the beachwear and the raven gown. 

Thotified Human Female

I'm not sure how I can fix it so she can wear bottoms again... The sanctified leggings have turned into a pair of shorts now even. 

I did also ask a guild mate if I look the same on his screen, yes I do!

Edited by Aelin.9317
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Aelin.9317 said:

Hello, 

I got the beach package and after trying it on my sylvari I decided to see what my human would look like with the breezy swim top and the raven ceremonial gown. However, upon glamming them over my current gear (leggy gear on top and bottom). The raven gown was missing it's dress and was only showing the trousers underneath. Which has resulted in a very thotty look, not really complaining. But after swapping gear, removing gear, logging off, closing the whole game, trying each piece of gear on it's own etc... It's still bugged! I have tried the same combo on my other characters and the gear looks as it should. To be clear this is not only the raven ceremonial gown, it is any bottoms that have skirts or smth that could be hidden due to another piece of clothing such as decade's saga and water dragon leg guards. 

So this is how she looks currently with the beachwear and the raven gown. 

Thotified Human Female

I'm not sure how I can fix it so she can wear bottoms again... The sanctified leggings have turned into a pair of shorts now even. 

I did also ask a guild mate if I look the same on his screen, yes I do!

out of curiousity, is that a Ranger or a Warrior?

Just now, Aelin.9317 said:

She is a ranger 🙂

then thats normal, thats how the Medium weight version of the Raven ceremonial gown looks.

on medium weight armor, the lower 'dress' section of the armor is built into the chest peice to avoid clipping with all the other 'trench coat' skins

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Ohhhh... I never knew!

I never tried it on a character of the same weight class! Thank you 😄 

All the others I tend to play are heavy or light.

Edited by Aelin.9317
  • Haha 1

For some reason the rule that medium armour usually has long coats extends to armour sets which are available for all armour weights. The Sanctified set from the Wizard's Vault is another example - the medium version has the skirt as part of the chest piece and the leggings are just a pair of shorts.

I'm not sure why because there are medium armour pieces with a short top, the elegy and requiem ones for example, as well as some of the shared ones like the swimwear tops. But maybe it's a technical limitation, if anything extends out from the body below the waist it has to be part of the chest piece on medium armour?

• Like 1

I think the reason medium armors still connect the lower "skirt" with the upper body armor is because of clipping.  This is likely also the reason we can't combine different weights of armors.  Why they made the decision to make medium behave differently than light and heavy in the beginning, I do not know.  But, at this point, it would be too many armors for them to redesign if they were to change it.  As it is, if they were to leave the skirt on the raven pants for medium (for example) it would clip with all the trench coats from the last 10 years.  So they continue to connect the skirt with the upper body armor instead of the pants.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2024 at 11:03 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm not sure why because there are medium armour pieces with a short top, the elegy and requiem ones for example, as well as some of the shared ones like the swimwear tops.

Because you can have a short top with short pants but a long top with butt cape/skirt pants would cause clipping issues. The problem they are addressing isn't with tops, it's with pants. The trade off is that you lose some short top options on the shared armour sets by having to attach the butt cape/skirt of the leg armour to the top instead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1